1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Did the covid-19 already come to an end in December 2020?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by fencerstars, Nov 19, 2020.

1. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    How dismissive people are of the after-effects and possibly life-long damage is astounding. More so when they start screaming "It's all a hoax, that's not a thing, fake news". It's like "please, until you've gone through it, please, STFU"

Which makes you one of the more fortunate... or unfortunate as you SHOULD have been admitted but they didn't have the beds. Again, we've got EMT's doing triage out the back of ambulances in many places all because these people screaming about how us "sheeple" live in "fear" with the "fake news" refused to take precautions to slow the spread.

Because they honest to Joe just don't give a flying F*** about anyone but themselves. Again, the sociopathic lack of empathy. Who cares how many people over 65 dies, it's the price they're willing to pay for THEIR convenience. And any bald faced lie that supports that they cling to like the proverbial drowning man's straw.

The pure comedy being the amount of overlap between those screaming about us "living in fear" and the xenophobic whackjobs who can't go more than five feet from their front doorstep without their penis extension. Their fairy-tale Jeebus help them if they have to go to an actual store; then they need their blowback operated rifle, two sidearms, and a dozen 30 round magazines.

Because we're the ones that live in fear, of course we are. They can only think in terms of fear since again, utterly devoid of compassion and empathy. Anyone who isn't "them" is basically treated as expendable. They even admit it with every word on topics like this -- whilst simultaneously denying it. Talk about tone-deaf.

I've had that to a degree, I honestly think it's getting worse now. For me the real dog of it is that I had it BEFORE it was big news and the hospitals really knew what to do. I was having coughing fits so bad I was passing out, and they'd send me home like I had a bad case of strep.

Which is why my lungs burn like fire and are utterly ravaged, nearly a YEAR later. If I wasn't low risk for lung disease at the start -- non-smoker, non-drinker, frequently exercise (biking), saxophonist/vocalist -- it probably would have killed me... and now I have to worry that I'm now high risk for ANY respiratory illness to take me out.

As you said:

It's not a black and white live/don't live. The pain, suffering, and long term after-effects are an equal reality.

But don't tell that to the anti-masker anti-precaution conservative Trump flag waving "bean dads", screaming "Fake news" at anything that disagrees with the bullshit they were peddled by the orange cheeto, Fox News, and "low iQ-anon"

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    deathshadow, Feb 10, 2021 IP
    sarahk and malky66 like this.
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It wasn't Fox News or the Orange man that said this:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/predi...tic-abuse-covid-coming-true/story?id=73836752

Predictions of more suicides, overdoses and domestic abuse during COVID are coming true

What cracks me up @deathshadow is you claim to be this compassionate guy (which is bull), yet you are turning a blind eye to the suffering of millions of kids and adults as a result of Covid-related restrictions. Your arguments are so full of BS that it makes me wonder if you're saying this stuff just to annoy. You don't really believe any of that. It's as if you're saying it to appeal to the kooks on here. I don't believe for a second you're that blind when it comes to the plight of millions of people due to the economic woes (see this or this) caused by Covid-related restrictions. It's all common sense, why you're missing it or pretending to miss it... who knows. I do hope you don't mean what you say in this thread.

Note: I had Covid in February 2020, before anyone really talked about it. I was sick as a dog. Luckily, nobody in my family got sick. I still experience shortness of breath and lack of energy from time to time - exactly a year later. I could've died from it, it was that bad. Would I shut down the world because I or someone in my family could've died from Covid? Absolutely not. It's the most selfish thing anyone can do.

Remember how Odo murdered the entire population of Gaia for his love for Kira in the Children of Time episode? There are two camps, some say it was a noble thing to do, others say he was a murderer. Obviously, it's just a Star Trek episode with a provocative plot. However, Odo's understanding of selfishness and selflessness was seriously confused.

Your understanding of selfishness and selflessness is seriously confused @deathshadow

qwikad.com, Feb 10, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The only NZ businesses suffering from covid restrictions are those that cater to international tourists. The smart tourism companies have adjusted their price expectations to the local market and are ticking over nicely.

It'd be interesting to find out how businesses & mental health are faring by country and correlate to their rate of community transmission (& eventually vaccination rate).

Another key factor is financial support. Are the unemployment benefits subject to time restrictions? Do businesses get funding to allow them to retain staff?

Thailand's business confidence looks good.
    upload_2021-2-11_11-10-13.png

Australia seems pretty bullish.

I'd also be interested in more stats around the USA's spike in suicide. How much of it is despair after seeing family members die? or "I'll take myself out before the covid gets too bad"?

sarahk, Feb 10, 2021 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Feb 10, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I suspect the populations being talked about in the ABC News article and the MS article are different.

Developing nations will, without a doubt, be struggling as their Governments are unlikely to be boosting small businesses and protecting people's incomes via wage subsidies, unemployment etc. Oddly enough the MS article didn't mention suicide once in their list of ways people are being adversely affected by the pandemic.

Edit: Is America even trying? https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1359711101911527424

sarahk, Feb 10, 2021 IP
  6. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ARE YOU INSANE? This is not over.... shoot for next next year :( Other stuff looms and we should all stock up on things in a moderate way. Dont show your panic to anyone.

Karen May Jones, Feb 19, 2021 IP
  7. fencerstars

fencerstars Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First quarter of the year 2021, vaccines are already being transported to different parts of the world, but due to limited resources, it would be impossible for everyone to be vaccinated. This would result to an extended COVID year. Studies suggest that we will have to face the COVID battle for 2-3 years more, thus embrace yourself and strengthen your immune system to keep safe.

fencerstars, Mar 22, 2021 IP
  8. uday_yadav2

uday_yadav2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now a days covid19 situation is becoming too worst in India. Today (5th April 2021) India got more then 1 lakh new covid19 patient within 24 hours. and all thins are open in India (I mean to say market, shopping malls, Schools etc).

Now things are becoming to complicated and worst in this second wave and public still not taking this seriously.

uday_yadav2, Apr 4, 2021 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Is India rolling out the vaccine?

sarahk, Apr 5, 2021 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes they are and they also mass produce for the Astra Zeneca vaccine. While there have been issues with the Oxford produced AZ vaccine out of England, India's AZ produced vaccine has been 100% issue free. Problem now is that India is now placing export bans on it's AZ vaccine in order to have more stock piles for it's own population. (hoarding)

Spoiltdiva, Apr 5, 2021 IP