1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question Regarding non clickable mention of website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Beckeren, Mar 31, 2021.

Hello all SEO experts here at digitalpoint forum. When working on forums and doing blog commenting, we often face a problem that some forums or blogs don't allow us to add clickable links in the comments and we just mention our website url like "xyz.com" in the comment without any clickable link. Does it help in terms of any SEO for that particular website "xyz.com"?

Beckeren, Mar 31, 2021 IP
  2. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    If there is no link, there is no way for link juice to flow to your site.
    Most blogs today use the no-follow attribute, meaning that no link juice flows to your site. In that case, even a link is of no value. I would point out though, that a recent X Googler suggested that some link juice actually DOES flow. But that is not Google's official position.

Oso Optimized, Mar 31, 2021 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If any social site does grant you a clickable link, it will almost certainly be nofollow, thereby giving little if any SEO benefit.

BUT...those clickable links might bring you traffic, which is of course a positive for your website. For example, my website received 196 visitors from clicked Facebook links in March. While that's only a tiny fraction of our traffic, it's still 196 visitors I might otherwise not have gotten.

Jim4767, Mar 31, 2021 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  4. Oso Optimized

Best Answers:
    And those links are from posts that you made on your Facebook page, Jim?

Oso Optimized, Mar 31, 2021 IP
  5. uday_yadav2

uday_yadav2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Jim4767 Thank you for sharing this real input or login behind why we should not think always for nofollow backlinks.
    There are some good social websites, community, forums from where we can get quality traffic for your website pages which is more useful.
    Now a days, Many search engines are using AI, NLP to find good quality links and things will become more complicated as time goes because technology is enhancing day by day.

uday_yadav2, Apr 3, 2021 IP
  6. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No. I got disgusted with the petty bickering on Facebook and deleted my account about five years ago.

EDIT: My nonprofit Bible-related website has a fairly large amount of followers (currently 1,500-plus daily visitors). Apparently some of them repost a link to my page(s) on their Facebook.

Jim4767, Apr 3, 2021 IP
  7. Oso Optimized

Best Answers:
    I consider those a fairly high quality click. I don't often post links in comments.

Oso Optimized, Apr 3, 2021 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.