1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Displaying Articles Visually

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Letzride, Mar 28, 2021.

I am not even sure if I know how to ask this question. Basically, I want to post my articles that I write in a more visually appealing way off of static pages.

For example, my how to guides page on my site, I created a "table" and inserted small resized photos beside some text so that anyone visiting the site could see what they wanted to access. See here for reference: https://highperformancejunkies.com/how-to-guides/

I don't really like how this looks. To me it looks dated, old and no longer professional in my opinion. I want to spice this look up. I was thinking if I could find a way to post content on my static pages the same way it shows up on my home page (which is recent posts) I think it would look much better. This is what I am talking about: https://highperformancejunkies.com/

The problem is I don't know how to do that, and I don't know what to "search" as far as plugins go to make this a possibility.

Does anyone know of any wordpress plugins that I can change my layout for all my subsequent article pages? I am using the theme generatepress if that helps as well.

Thanks to everyone who can help! I can't think of what to search to find my answer and am pulling my hair out...

Letzride, Mar 28, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I don't know your theme but essentially you're just trying to display your "category index" page the same way you display "latest posts" page. If your theme was created just for you that would be a simple change but with a generator, or builder theme there are loads of different options and you'll just need to go hunting for the right setting to change.

sarahk, Mar 28, 2021 IP
  3. Letzride

Letzride Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see it as a setting in my theme. I was thinking there has to be a plugin for it, I just can't think of what to search. I thought I was almost onto something looking for "content boxes"

I just want to visually display links to my articles so that it is visually appealing. A setup that shows both imaging / text so that they can see and read what the article contains.

Letzride, Mar 28, 2021 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Definitely not a plugin.

Your theme is doing it already, just a matter of getting it to use the template on category index pages.

sarahk, Mar 28, 2021 IP
  5. Host4Biz

Host4Biz Member

Best Answers:
    I think that for that kind of task you need to get in touch with GeneratePress developers/designers and ask them to help with that matter.
    That will be a kind of custom solution and I do not think that will worth you a fortune.
    You can check that on freelancer sites.

Host4Biz, Mar 30, 2021 IP