1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Rank For Your Site's Name When Big Players Rank For It, Too

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by romeoandjulep, Feb 22, 2021.

Earlier I phrased this question as producer vs. distributor. I have a site, I want to rank for it, but I'm competing with my own Products in my Amazon Store.

I'm working on the "official" website of a perennial fan-fave movie. I want to rank it for the title of the film, but there are already competitors for that title. I was expecting Wikipedia and IMDB, maybe RottenTomatoes, but I'm seeing an Esquire article, a Cosmo, wikis, etc.

If I optimize the site by writing effective metadata, along with great content with on-page, am I competitive? Or am I looking at a long road of backlinks ahead?

RAJ

romeoandjulep, Feb 22, 2021 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If there is competition for the keyword you will need to do off page SEO, on page SEO wouldn't be enough.

dcristo, Feb 22, 2021 IP
  3. liani

liani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can’t beat the big players. What you can do, you can be behind them in search engines and you will be happy with that.
    It’s more than enough for you.

liani, Mar 10, 2021 IP
  4. Local Rank Booster

Local Rank Booster Peon

Best Answers:
    Very hard to say without any insights.

How competitive is the Keyword?

I wouldn't worry about Amazon, as I am sure these are not a competitor of yours. The companies listed there maybe.

If you are consistently blogging wit high quality content around your niche or product and creating hyper relevant anchor text to link to the page/product you want to rank and you use the right type of schema on the page (Plus all the bells and whistles ) you should definitely have a good chance at ranking. That is if the site you are working on is live, indexed and has a and few natural backlinks you have picked up along the way.

If not, time to start building out your backlinks.

Local Rank Booster, Mar 10, 2021 IP