1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Armchair Dining on DP

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You missed the joke...stray cats are not seen around Chinese restaurants because they get captured, and are cooked and then included in the dish.;)

Spoiltdiva, Nov 1, 2020 IP
  2. SALMANZAHRA

SALMANZAHRA Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    the chicken grill is very important and I am sure everyone likes it.

SALMANZAHRA, Nov 18, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I seem to have missed this post last week. Can you post a picture of your favorite chicken grill?

jrbiz, Nov 26, 2020 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, it's the holiday season and my thoughts turn to food. Thanksgiving was a complete bust: no turkey and lousy desserts. I blame 2020. Anyway, I have picked up and have been sampling a Claxton fruitcake:

fruitcake claxtonsmall.jpg

On the plus side, it is chock full of large chunks of candied fruits and the cake is more light than dark. On the negative side, it does have nuts. But, it was almost all that we could find in the grocery stores and time was running out (the cravings were too strong to go another day without some...)

I expect Christmas foods and desserts to be better and the fruitcake is a step in the right direction. What holiday foods are you looking at this year?

jrbiz, Dec 9, 2020 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Turkeys, nuts and fruitcakes....we have all of them in abundance here at DP. Why do I need to shop at the grocery store to find them, when all I have to do is to log on to here?:cool:

Spoiltdiva, Dec 9, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn and jrbiz like this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but you are on higher cultural and, in fact, spiritual plane than I am. I am but a lowly creature captive to the basic senses of taste, smell, and "mouth-feel" of a wide range of comestibles. It's my curse and I am really, really looking forward to indulging it in a couple of weeks! :)

jrbiz, Dec 9, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    My household is suffering from a major cultural divide. It may be insurmountable and lead to drastic actions. Long story short: my wife strongly prefers a creamy, "New York style" cheesecake with assorted fruit or syrup toppings:

Cheesecake-newyork.jpg

I, on the other hand, prefer the dry, but sweet Polish-style cheesecake with no topping of any sort:

cheesecake_polish.jpg

Note that the cheese filling in my cheesecake is so dry that it is kind of crumbly as opposed to the creamy, almost pudding like cheesecake my wife prefers. I also think that my preferred cheese filling is actually sweeter than the creamy version.

It appears that our differences may be irreconcilable, so the only option may be to, gulp, buy one of each this year. Drastic situations require drastic solutions. Stay tuned...

jrbiz, Dec 11, 2020 IP
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    covidcoookietest.jpg

Now, this is the type of Covid Test that I could get into. But, I would probably want the more in-depth testing that would be provided with the test equipment below:

christmascookies.jpeg

Full speed ahead with testing!

jrbiz, Dec 20, 2020 IP
  9. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I am not 100% sure that this thread is the best place to file a complaint. But it is about food so here goes: Yesterday I decided to bake some cookies. Now baking is not my strong point so I purchased your Chef model tinfoil hat. The hat must be defective as I tested it out as I had the thing on my head while baking, and my cookies still came out lousy as they usually do.:mad: Can I get a refund or at the very least, a new hat?

Spoiltdiva, Dec 20, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Fear not. You simply purchased the wrong hat. You purchased the "Chef's" Hat. You needed the "Baker's" Guaranteed Perfect Tinfoil Hat with the Cookie Sheet EarFlaps. There is also the special Christmas Cookie Chin Strap for extra protection, if desired.

jrbiz, Dec 20, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    For Christmas supper I had the following:
    Roast turkey with spinach stuffing,
    Baked potato with melted cheddar cheese on top,
    Brussels sprouts,
    Cranberry sauce,
    Lemon marange pie with whipped cream on top.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I have an unrelated question. Two years ago you had your big sale in regards to your Anti Leprosy/Black Death Model tinfoil hat. I am well pleased as I have not contracted either the Black Death or leprosy since I purchased the hat, obviously the thing works. Now the rumor on the internet is that this model will also protect against Covid-19. Is there any truth to this?

Spoiltdiva, Dec 26, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds great! Would love to hear more about the spinach stuffing. Stuffing may in fact be my favorite part of a turkey dinner.

First, beware of fraudsters offering non-standard Anti-Virus Ear Flaps or any other counterfeit accessories for our hats. Beyond that, our warranty is clear on all tinfoil hats. They offer solutions only for the specific ailment or issue being treated. Misuse of any hat for the wrong purpose will void the warranty and likely damage the hat. That said, you can nest the Anti-Leprosy/Black Death Tinfoil Hat within the Deluxe Anti-Coronavirus Tinfoil Hat (note it MUST be the Deluxe version for nesting to be supported) to offer simultaneous protection, if desired. Financing is still available for the purchase (or lease) of multiple hats.

jrbiz, Dec 26, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  13. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    ^^^Haaaaaaa!:rolleyes: As to the stuffing, simply grate the spinach and mix it with a can of mushroom soup. Then add the breadcrumbs, and into the turkey it goes. It is soooooo good!:)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    Spoiltdiva, Dec 26, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Our legal department insists that we include this language...

Sounds great. My daughter uses mushroom soup for a turkey dinner, but it goes into the string bean casserole.

jrbiz, Dec 26, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  15. DaVincisMuse

DaVincisMuse Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have so may favorite foods and recipes...so I think I will just post them as they come to me...not in any particular order, just as they come to mind. My guess is that once this process starts, I will have a whole list soon. The first one is loup de mer (Sea Bass) cooked with fennel or th Spanish version encrusted in salt and cooked. Ok, this post is going to work my imagination with sensation and flavor! Love it!
    upload_2021-1-3_11-56-26.jpeg

DaVincisMuse, Jan 3, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice! That looks scrumptious! Looking forward to more of your posts.

jrbiz, Jan 3, 2021 IP
  17. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    OMG, have not posted much this year because of my darn diet. However, I just saw this picture of "chocolate lasagna" and could not resist:

chocolatelasagnasmall.jpg

Now, I love Italian lasagna, but a chocolate lasagna sounds so much better! :)

jrbiz, Mar 7, 2021 IP
  18. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Just think, if you are somehow able to stick to your diet...you can once again bring out your spandex workout tights! :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    Spoiltdiva, Mar 7, 2021 IP
    1234nasir and jrbiz like this.
  19. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I had thoughts about setting up a rigorous exercise program to complement my diet. Fortunately, I was able to lie down until those thoughts passed. :)

jrbiz, Mar 7, 2021 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  20. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am CONFUSED. The tin-foil-hat genius has either 1) failed to invent a tin foil hat for one of the most important life crises, or 2) failed to don one himself? What gives here? Is our idol failing us?

mmerlinn, Mar 7, 2021 IP
    jrbiz and Spoiltdiva like this.