1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get started as a copywriter with zero experience?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by markinternet, May 27, 2015.

1. mohsin qureshi

mohsin qureshi Active Member

Best Answers:
    When i was start writing, I also stand on ZERO, as you are and obviously everyone at the time of beginning. I started as an Assistant to column writer, who was working for a newspaper. I learnt so many writing techniques from him; he was such a nice man. My native language is Urdu (In Pakistan), so i starts from its. I worked with him almost three years. Now i am working for a client as a content writer, and doing some projects. That is my entire journey.

mohsin qureshi, Dec 15, 2015 IP
  2. Valdenheath

Valdenheath Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That is awesome. Love it.

Valdenheath, Dec 18, 2015 IP
  3. Valdenheath

Valdenheath Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I started writing with Triond. No idea if it is still in operation but worth a try if so. They only pay a share of the ad revenue, (though if you already have Adsense you can link that to your account, I made a fair bit from it). The plus side of Triond was getting a portfolio together, and the chance to experiment without penalties.

Valdenheath, Dec 18, 2015 IP
  4. tomarmstrong

tomarmstrong Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am looking to establish myself as a prominent writer for SEO articles, research, complete management and manipulator of statistics and data.

My approach is going to be to write articles for the main niches with 3 items in each niche including article, review and product description (Around 300 posts) then to offer services to anyone that needs them.

My plan is to contact all local businesses and produce them a website and content, whilst building a web 2.0 blog network and learning different writing methods.

I have no academic experience in writing in the sense of university or working for marketing companies, but I read books related to writing and general life improvements.

Experience is a non essential part of looking for work, you should focus on building a varied portfolio a website (pm me if you need help free of charge) and to expose yourself to every possible opportunity.

You want to answer the questions in order:
    What can I make the most money doing.
    Is it possible to outsource. (If no I would leave it)
    What aren't the competition offering?
    How can I fuck the competition.

Hope this helped,
    Tom.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    tomarmstrong, Dec 25, 2015 IP
    Karen May Jones likes this.
  5. veggiemite

veggiemite Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I began with a few contacts, and a goal to make $500 in that first month. Through targeted marketing and hustle, I found more clients, an income that soon matched my previous full-time pay and most importantly, regular work.

Apart from the "tactics" of building your list of copywriting clients, I'll say working on your psychology is perhaps the most important aspect of having a successful freelance copywriting career.

5 years later and I'll still happily living a freelance lifestyle, from copywriting income. I can't claim to have "found the magic bullet", but I'm obviously doing something right.

To the thread starter, I'm not sure where you are in your freelance journey now, but if you'd like some advice, feel free to reply or PM me for more personalised advice. I'll be glad to help if I can. :)

veggiemite, Jan 29, 2016 IP
  6. Jagoda Dworniczak

Jagoda Dworniczak Peon

Best Answers:
    A swipe file is now free for everyone :) Our team has just created a Conrad tool on Product Hunt. It's a FREE chrome extension, a writer-focused swipe file.
    You can view it here https://www.producthunt.com/posts/conrad

Here's a short "How it works" movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=QJ70TbLQX-k
    It helps you reduce your creativity bottlenecks by suggesting the right phrase inside your editor. You can develop your swipe file with ease.

This is a non-profit action and the Conrad is the effect of our "free time" work. Every feedback or opinion here or on Product Hunt would be priceless. Feel free to test it and give us a shout if it works for your writing.

Greets!

Jagoda Dworniczak, Aug 1, 2018 IP
  7. SEO Content Demon

SEO Content Demon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Finally, sit alone, scratch your head and ask yourself - if you are really a copywriter? If yes, then why the hell you won't get a job? Keep trying!!!

SEO Content Demon, Aug 17, 2018 IP
  8. Ian Murphy

Ian Murphy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Read more books, blogs; watching more news, videos; writing more articles. Everything requires a lot of efforts and time!

Ian Murphy, Sep 3, 2018 IP
  9. Orol

Orol Member

Best Answers:
    I think you need to learn copywriting rules. You must learn to write selling texts. Texts must be alive. You can post your job on the freelancer site or any other. You can find work on these sites and offer your service. Good luck!

Orol, Oct 5, 2018 IP
  10. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Haha! A lot of head scratchin is involved when you try to figure out how to get started! But, yes, being a writer is a big job and sometimes you will have to get some help. I used to take on really big jobs when I worked with my sister and son when they were around. Now I have to have other authors help me build content. I will work and turn around and redistribute all of the money to other writers. That way we all stay fed. :D

Karen May Jones, Nov 10, 2018 IP
  11. joseph350

joseph350 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As far as, I could remember one of my friends one day told me he would make a travel website on Phuket, the southern province of Thailand. I’ll have to write some articles for the website and agreed to his proposal and started copy-writing. Since then, I've been writing articles.

joseph350, Dec 24, 2018 IP
  12. Alberta Brown

Alberta Brown Peon

Best Answers:
    What I did is that I started working with clients who required entry-level copywriters for lower salaries. This is the way I could build my portfolio up and gain more experience in practice.

Alberta Brown, Feb 2, 2021 IP
  13. MyRedz

MyRedz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks..all the response here is good

MyRedz, Feb 2, 2021 IP
  14. mrseo5

mrseo5 Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Hi :) Can you recommend any Content Marketplace, where I can add my finished article, DotWriter e.g. like here?

mrseo5, Feb 14, 2021 IP
  15. alex365

alex365 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Upwork is a wonderful place to start. More important is that you should have the ability to write, to should really like it. Otherwise, it will be a disaster, earlier or later, but it will be. You will also definitely face a trade-off between quality and quantity. Nowadays quality matters. So don't try to be cheap, try to create a quality content from the very beginning and you definitely will find you customers.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    alex365, Feb 19, 2021 IP
  16. usaukclassifieds

usaukclassifieds Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Upwork, Freelancer, Guru, iWriter, Fiverr are the best platform to get work for a copywriter, I suggest you to register these platform and big the project related to copywriter and start your career

usaukclassifieds, Feb 19, 2021 IP
  17. mrseo5

mrseo5 Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I mean text exchanges - where I can display my ready-made articles. I don't like to get leints just to write and put my texts up for sale

mrseo5, Feb 20, 2021 IP