1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many time I can add keyword in the Title section?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by eXertPro, Feb 6, 2021.

Hi everybody,

I am trying to write a blog post. I am well with this. But there is some problem I am facing. One of the best difficulties is TITLE. My blog title has a lot of text/words. And I can add two-time keywords. What my question is, how many times can I add keywords in a single Title?

If anybody helps, that will be great for me.

Thanks

eXertPro, Feb 6, 2021 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Adding duplicate keywords can make it look like spam. What's your reasoning for using duplicate keywords in a title?

qwikad.com, Feb 7, 2021 IP
  3. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There's no good reason to repeat a keyword(s) in the title. Google is smarter than that. And qwikad is right — it might make your title look spammy. FYI, I just checked my seven most-clicked-on pages, each of which gets well over 1,000 clicks a month in the Google search results. Not one of them repeats the same keyword in the title. There is no need to do that.

And the same reasoning applies to your text in the body of your article. Since that will have many more words than your title, it's OK to repeat those keywords some. But don't overdo it! Also use synonyms or related words. For example, in an article on cats you could be wise to use cat(s), kitten(s), kitty, feline, cat food, litter box, mouse, and other words normally related to cat(s). That is a good thing to do in your text's copy. That will give Google and other search engines a better sense of what your page's intent is.

Jim4767, Feb 7, 2021 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  4. eXertPro

eXertPro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, I hope so. I just ask, is it good or bad?

eXertPro, Feb 7, 2021 IP
  5. eXertPro

eXertPro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for your informational reply. If I want to add synonyms or related keywords, is there any problem?
    Actually, my title tag will have a lot of text to complete a meaningful line.

eXertPro, Feb 7, 2021 IP
  6. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your title tag should be a relatively short identification for your page. Putting all of your content in the title is not a good idea for several reasons. That would be like putting all of the content of a book on its cover.

First, when you bookmark a page, the title tag is used for the bookmark. Long tags bleed off of the computer screen or take multiple lines making it hard for users to know what page the bookmark is for. Pissing off users is NOT the way to get ahead in the world. When I see long bookmark tags, I either DELETE the page from my bookmarks, or shorten the tag.

Second, Google et alia are probably smart enough to realize that long title tags are really nothing more than blackhat SEO. Blackhat SEO status will lower your exposure in the search engines.

My belief is that anything longer than 100 characters is too long. My ideal length is under 50 characters.

mmerlinn, Feb 7, 2021 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  7. eXertPro

eXertPro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for your informative reply. I will try to keep my TITLE tag very sample and short. :)

eXertPro, Feb 8, 2021 IP
  8. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Forget everything. Long-short, repeating keyword or not, everything.

Just make your title relevant as much as possible. Your title should be something that describes the page of yours perfectly. As long as it serves it's purpose it's fine.

mrb1129, Feb 8, 2021 IP
  9. eXertPro

eXertPro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Exactly, I am going through this kind of problem. I will try to focus on the page content and try to make it short and simple for the audience.

eXertPro, Feb 8, 2021 IP
  10. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look the thing is. You have to make the title as such that will help understand the audience what's your page is about. So, keeping it short & simple is obvious. But also you have to make the title descriptive enough to properly highlight the properties of your page.

At the end of the day. Make your title and page for people, not for search engines.

I just keep in mind that I have to make the title relevant as much as possible. For that if I have to mention the keyword twice, it's ok by me. :p

mrb1129, Feb 8, 2021 IP
  11. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't forget that the search engines also look at your page's H1 tag (look that up online if you're not aware of it). The H1 is usually the visible title of your page at the very top of your text on the actual page. It's OK to make that one longer than the title tag of the page. But don't overdo that length either. You don't have to repeat the exact wording of your title tag (that's OK, though). The H1 is a good place to add some close synonyms of your keyword(s), or just use the keyword(s) in the H1. It's OK to be flexible.

Jim4767, Feb 8, 2021 IP
  12. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You've said you are facing a problem of a long title by using the same title twice so why to use the same title twice, use it once, and it is fine (short and understandable). The main thing is to use the relevant title as mrb1129 said. Use the same keyword twice in the title isn't a good practice at all as it makes posts look spammy and optimized just for search engines. And, also it has nothing to do with rankings to stuff your title with keywords (using same keywords multiple times in a title).

Sumit_Singh, Feb 9, 2021 IP
    mrb1129 likes this.
  13. usaukclassifieds

usaukclassifieds Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you add only one keyword in the title tag, Keyword stuffing cause a negative impact on search engine

usaukclassifieds, Feb 10, 2021 IP
  14. eXertPro

eXertPro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, one of the great ideas. Thanks man!

eXertPro, Feb 10, 2021 IP
  15. eXertPro

eXertPro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know that. But I have a good chance of adding double phrases.

eXertPro, Feb 10, 2021 IP
  16. johnsimirion

johnsimirion Peon

Best Answers:
    The main thing in this - is not to spam the title. Usually, I add one key, but it is "quite voluminous" in meaning and can tighten synonyms.

johnsimirion, Feb 12, 2021 IP
  17. Web Panel Solutions

Web Panel Solutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There is no need to add keywords in Title, even you will have to write Title according to concept of content which has going on trending..

Web Panel Solutions, Feb 13, 2021 IP
  18. alex365

alex365 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have experimented a lot with google, i see absolutely no need to place keywords in the title. Title should be written for those, who decide to open your website or not. You make your title engaging.

alex365, Feb 19, 2021 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.