1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New and open to any hazing necessary : )

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DigitalNowFootballLater, Jan 28, 2021.

Hey there, guys. Awesome community you have here -- informative, fun, educational, engaging, wide array of topics -- and happy to be able to be a part of it. Have been searching for the 'right' digital-focused forum/community for awhile, and just never found one. Too much spam, or just too boring/impersonal, or not enough activity/not relevant. So I never joined one. Until now. And super-happy I did. Maybe I wouldn't have made as many mistakes in business over the years had I done so, lol.

Just another dude who likes sports, beer, good eats and of course, all things digital. Small business owner, so I nerd out over SEO, web design and pretty much all things digital marketing. Am here to swap some stories/share insight when I feel like I can add to the discussion, network a bit and read a ton. Have already been browsing some of the threads and there's a lot of great stuff covering so many different topics. Got a lot of catching up to do.

Biggest lesson I've learned over the years? Don't fight G00gle, haha, as you might as well just fall into line, or risk getting f---ed. Sure, they may sometimes act like the Internet Police, but if we don't leverage Search/paid ads, we're probably doing it wrong. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right? ;)

Located in the DC area, but am certainly more of a bro than a 1%er. Maybe we'll grab a beer (or nine) one day when life gets back to normal. But for now, let's wear a damn mask and help each other virtually. Cheers!!

DigitalNowFootballLater, Jan 28, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Hi and welcome to digitalpoint. We're an interesting mix of characters, scattered across the globe. I'm in NZ fwiw.

sarahk, Jan 28, 2021 IP
  3. DigitalNowFootballLater

DigitalNowFootballLater Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks! And that's awesome. Getting different perspectives/connecting with people across the globe is just another added benefit of posting here.

DigitalNowFootballLater, Jan 28, 2021 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    A Russian immigrant living in the US. Sometimes I regret moving to here since it's been a complete zoo over the last 10+ years. The thing I hate about the US: Too many lazy people scared to get off their butts to better their own lives and the lives of others as a result. Man, some DC areas are really good. Some day will move my family there or N. Carolina. What has your latest project been?

qwikad.com, Jan 29, 2021 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am from France now living in Canada. I grew up near the ruins of a castle and walked to town on a cobblestone road built by the Roman legions. Canada has natural beauty (waterfalls, glaciers, lakes, mountains etc.) but I do miss the history and inspiration of historical buildings and ruins that are thousands of years old.

Welcome aboard mon ami.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 29, 2021 IP
  6. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Born a Hoosier, bred across many places. Five high schools in 4 years and lived in Thailand for nine months after graduation.

Travelled as a civilian for the US Navy for a number of years before I retired at 46.

I've been around the block a few times, visited a world's fair, and seen 3 or 4 hog calling contests.

You can't ever have too much fun.

Glad you could join us on DP.

JoeSpirit, Jan 29, 2021 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  7. DigitalNowFootballLater

Best Answers:
    Interesting, yeah a lot has changed in the past decade, with probably even more to come over the next 10 years. Gentrification, social justice, etc. And you're right about the complacency/laziness. They'd rather just complain rather than take action, unfortunately.

Currently, I'm working on a website redesign (w/some copywriting+landing page(s) creation as well) + setting up email marketing automation. Gotta work the funnel, right? ; )

Totally with you, as I'm a nature buff as well (I guess most designers are?). I was in Nova Scotia during a trip to Maine last March justtt before the pandemic hit. Went to Acadia, then took the ferry there. Haven't been to Western Canada, though, and def need to. Vancouver one day!

Pretty cool to hear stories about things still being left "as they were," with so much here in the States having been torn down/renovated. Erases history. Cobblestone roads designed by the Romans. Sweet.

Thanks for the welcome! And nope, you def can't. We only get X years to live, might as well enjoy them/make them count. Can't say I've been a World's Fair OR a hog calling contest, though, haha. Thailand is beautiful. Another world, man. Wish we could enjoy that lifestyle and scenery here. You must have lived like a king.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2021
    DigitalNowFootballLater, Jan 29, 2021 IP
    qwikad.com and JoeSpirit like this.
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You see some of those protected villages in the UK though, they're gorgeous to visit but they must be hell to actually live in!

sarahk, Feb 1, 2021 IP
  9. DigitalNowFootballLater

Best Answers:
    The perfect scenario for a one-night AirBnB. :cool: