1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain and Keyword

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by master-yoda, Jan 24, 2021.

Should my domain name be the same as my keyword?

master-yoda, Jan 24, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    No

In some niches, it will provide an advantage but in others, it'll just look spammy.

If I'm searching for a plumber and the results give me plumbers.com and smithplumbing.com I'll look at smithplumbing first because it's more likely to be a real company.
    If I'm searching for information, though, then plumbers.com would look more likely to give me DIY advice etc.

sarahk, Jan 24, 2021 IP
    JEET likes this.
  3. master-yoda

master-yoda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your reply and information.

master-yoda, Jan 24, 2021 IP
  4. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    There's no reason why you can't have the keyword in a subdirectory of your main domain ie nameofdomain.com/keyword That way you have both the full domain name and your keyword. Also good for SEO if you can get a high search volume but low competition keyword relevant to your niche.

Harvey Wolf, Feb 7, 2021 IP
  5. blueink02

blueink02 Member

Best Answers:
    Not mandatory, but if you find exact keyword domain you can use it. If you don't, use related keyword phrase.

blueink02, Feb 7, 2021 IP
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If it's still available you should definitely register the domain which contains the primary keyword. Many webmasters will link to your site using your site name so you will gain a lot of SEO benefit when trying to rank for your primary keyword.

dcristo, Feb 24, 2021 IP
  7. Asgard2087

Asgard2087 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can browse the domain name search bar which fits your keyword. Every domain name provider has it. And the best part is that you can get different combinations just in case its taken. I was suggested great domain names for the keywords I wanted by BigRock. It's quite good as a domain name facilitator.

Asgard2087, Feb 28, 2021 IP
  8. HostOX

HostOX Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, however it is useful to have something close to what you do in the name and will help. Not however essential.

HostOX, Feb 28, 2021 IP
  9. selldomainstore

selldomainstore Peon

Best Answers:
    you can add prefix and suffix if domain name not available

selldomainstore, Mar 27, 2021 IP
  10. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am saying this by experience.

All the websites where I had keywords in the domain, those websites never ranked anywhere in google.

The ones that ranked, I focused too much on content on those websites, and virtually no marketing, no link building efforts, nothing except unique content.

Unless you are a very popular brand, I don't think domain matters to google anymore.

JEET, Mar 27, 2021 IP
  11. uday_yadav2

uday_yadav2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you @JEET . In 2006 or before that, keywords in domain concept was working very well but now a day, there is no extra benefit a site will get having keywords in domain name.
    So best would be try to follow google SEO guidelines and optimize your website according to your keywords or business.

Here is video from Google team (Google Search Central) which will give you 100% proof of the thing that @JEET is saying.

uday_yadav2, Apr 1, 2021 IP
    JEET likes this.
  12. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    Your domain should be the same as your company or brand name as this is the only way for you to build a stable online reputation. Keywords in the domain can be somewhat helpful for the ranking in the beginning, but these domains usually look spammy and users have issues with trusting those kinds of sites as they sound too generic. So, I wouldn't use it in the domain name, rather in the content and meta-descriptions.

VortexAlpha, Jan 6, 2022 IP