1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting Full Stack Engineer and Blockchain Developer School - Hey There

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CodingCavalier, Jan 22, 2021.

Just wanted to stop in and say "hey" to everyone. Here's a little info about me:

* 2018 I was diagnosed w/a severe case of degenerative disc disease and severe arthritis.
    * Spent a year and 3 months trying to relieve chronic pain in my neck w/dr. visits.
    * May of 2019 had no other choice but to get a disc replacement surgery C4-C5
    * Scraped all the arthritis out around it, because it was an experimental piece/not a fusion.
    * Took 6 months to get back to "my normal."
    * Couple months later had issues again, but in mid-lumbar and lower back.
    * Found out I have same problems in both areas, plus 5 minor ones (only a matter of time)
    * Couldn't perform my duties as an Operations Manager anymore so had to leave my job
    * Couple weeks later I was classified as disabled.
    * Decided instead of laying around all the time to go through career reinvention and start school (which starts 1/25/21) to be a full stack engineer and blockchain developer.

I spent 7 years as a ghostwriter for several businesses and websites online from 2006-2012. Figured I would get back into it while I was in school. Looking forward to building new relationships in here and learning more about this journey I'm about to take.

CodingCavalier, Jan 22, 2021 IP
    sarahk and Spoiltdiva like this.
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Very good intro, competently written and interesting. You've had quite a life journey but appear to have come out on top. Well done and continue to keep your spirits up, welcome to DP.:)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 22, 2021 IP
  3. CodingCavalier

CodingCavalier Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Appreciate it Spoiltdiva. Spirits are mostly a roller-coaster depending on the day. I have a good "rock" in my wife when I hit those valleys though. Just roll w/the punches. I look forward to looking through your many posts here on DP.

CodingCavalier, Jan 22, 2021 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm a bit older than you and the body is starting to whinge about years of neglect. Chronic pain is quite something that the young and unaffected can't imagine. I'll conquer mine (mostly) and have the utmost respect for you, picking up the pieces and starting over takes guts!

sarahk, Jan 23, 2021 IP
  5. CodingCavalier

CodingCavalier Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks sarahk. Appreciate the encouragement. You are right about younger generations not understanding. I remember being that way when I was in my early 20s lol.

CodingCavalier, Jan 23, 2021 IP