1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please allow me to introduce myself.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Horia, Dec 24, 2020.

Hello dear friends,

My name is Daniel, I'm 37 and live in Spain.

I start making websites back in 98 on Tripod, love to design UI and hand code static web sites don't know to program yet because I didn't need to, but I am learning now so try to understand the basics right now, I "fighting" with JS and php. In the era of flash I did a lot of work with Macromedia's program but when Apple destroy the technology I felt like some part of me died.

I never worked as a full time web designer till I was 30 or so, always had my normal job and make website as a hobby and some times for money, for obvious reasons like the lack of conviction, determination and initiative. Wen the economical crisis hit Spain and I found my self with economical problems and had to search for an alternative so I study psychology for a while then I fund anther job and quit the to study.

The thing is that I quit the job as a construction worker and got into the graphic design academy, here in my home town, to be a professional designer, but because health problems I had to quit the school and can't work and study as the same time I guess (only in my case, my brother manage to finish the university and work at the same time)

After 4 hard years I created with a colleague a small design firm in Valencia, but it did not work quite well, we discuss all the time about projects an how we distribute the work. I did not learn very much in the school, have learned a lot from books and video tutorials like udemy and lynda.com. So after the epic fail with my work project, I changed the job for a place in a factory and worked as a mechanic and wood worker till about two years ago when the factory closed and fired all the workers because o economical problems. After that I had become unemployed and searching for a job actively till I found another design school here in Valencia.

So I had pass the exam ant start the product design career, but didn't last to much either because I can't maintained the pace with the more scientific courses, but I manege to learn how to design in Blender, AutoCad, Solidworks, Fusion360 and other CAD and PC modelling software.

Well here I am still unemployed without any higher studies neither some kind of real and profession. I saw by accident a video YouTube made by a designer which canal is called "living with pixels". And inspiration struck, he spoke about a web design business formula in which you design websites with Elementor in WordPress. So here I'm learning how to use Elementor and WordPress, I already know HTML and CSS, currently learning to program with JavaScript ans php.

My intentions with this community is to make friends, learn a lot, and also collaborate actively in the forum, but for know I will retire in silence and take a look on the forum before ask questions and present my doubts.

I love metal, al genres of metal but not the symphonic or black/death, because I love to listen to the words of the son and understand it. Video games, rpg, isometric turn-based ones, stealth games and 4X. I also play board games like Scythe and Descent 2 and have two army of Age of Sigmar by GW, and air-soft too, have two MP5 a M4A1, and a 1911 hybrid. Love Italian food and motorcycles specially the cafe racer ones.

If you want to know more things about me, please just ask.

Thanks an have a nice day!

See you soon and hope we have fun!

Horia, Dec 24, 2020 IP
    komrad, davilama2682 and 1234nasir like this.
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome aboard! Thanks for the great introduction. I am sure that you will enjoy DP. Look forward to seeing more of your posts.

jrbiz, Dec 29, 2020 IP
  3. Horia

Horia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the welcome, hope I didn't scare you guys to much. :)

Horia, Dec 30, 2020 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You have already received a Like, so you are off to a great start. Enjoy!

jrbiz, Dec 30, 2020 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Hola!....welcome aboard, we have lots of talented people here with a wealth of knowledge.

Spoiltdiva, Dec 30, 2020 IP
  6. wwe_fan9417

wwe_fan9417 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to digital point mate. You will definitely find what you are looking for here.

wwe_fan9417, Jan 3, 2021 IP
  7. 1234nasir

1234nasir Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most Welcome mate!
    You are an asset for digital point, keep your journey continue.
    Best Of Luck. ;)

1234nasir, Jan 3, 2021 IP
  8. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to Digital Point Forums. That is a great introduction. I am glad that you are here. I like striving learners.

davilama2682, Jan 3, 2021 IP
    1234nasir likes this.
  9. Rabiul Tanmoy

Rabiul Tanmoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hola Horia, Nice to see you at Digital Point Forum. You just introduce incredibly, you are fantastic. Hope you will meet some awesome people here.

Rabiul Tanmoy, Jan 11, 2021 IP
  10. Leadnetwork

Leadnetwork Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Horia, welcome to the community and nice to e-meet you) hope, you will have a great time here

Leadnetwork, Jan 11, 2021 IP
  11. komrad

komrad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    welcome to the club. I am happy you're here..

komrad, Jan 19, 2021 IP