1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hetzner.com - My Hacked account - Company Trying to Scam Me For Money

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pipskok, Jan 8, 2021.

Ok i want to report company Hetzner.com for trying to scam me for money.

I have opened account on Hetzner.com in 2018 because i wanted to buy

vps. I checked their prices and forgot about them because prices were to expensive for

me and i choosed another company.

I have never visited their website for years until now. Several weeks ago i recevied

an email that my account email was changed to some other email and i though what a heck i didnt do nothing?

I didnt care because i dont care about some xlkdfj hosting company.

And than "BAAM" after couple of days i got an email for first invoice that i owe them

sum of 260 eur. And now i received new invoice for 150 eur.

And i am now 100% confident that either my account was hacked or they are trying

to scam me. I never loggined to hetzner in 3 years and they just keep sending

invoices.

Than i Googled and i found out that a company had a several security breaches in 2018, 2019

and my account was probably hacked. I didnt care and i didnt changed any passwords.

https://techcentral.co.za/hetzner-discloses-new-security-incident/84299/

https://www.itweb.co.za/content/JBwErvn5OQ1q6Db2

https://www.zdnet.com/article/hackers-breach-web-hosting-provider-for-the-second-time-in-the-past-year/

What should i do? Should i report this to police? Because i am not going to pay

some hacker for using Hetzner services.

pipskok, Jan 8, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    1. The email address can't have been changed if you're getting invoices. Try to log in, do a password change and open a support ticket to cancel the services.
    2. Try to contact the company using their regular channels. If they're just selling hosting they can disable the relevant accounts.
    3. Does the company have a physical office near you? If so turn up and don't leave until you've spoken to somebody with the authority to resolve the problem.
    4. Talk to the Police and take with you any info you can get - login IP history, domains hosted on the accounts, who is data
    5. Get a lawyer - this may cost more than the invoices but if the other options have failed a stern letter from a lawyer might be all it takes.
    6. Media - if they're in your country a story in the papers or on TV might elicit a response.

sarahk, Jan 9, 2021 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Here you're saying that you don't have any payment info on file with them:

blackhatworld.com/seo/hetzner-com-my-hacked-account-company-trying-to-scam-me-for-money.1294945/

I don't get what the problem then is. If you don't have any payment info on file that means you never bought anything from them.

The whole thing sounds fishy.

qwikad.com, Jan 9, 2021 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    don't you love a double post - especially when the OP was already getting good answers?
    I didn't respond to this initially but it's libellous to claim they're trying to scam you.

According to your own timeline you
    • created an account
    • were notified of a security breach
    • declined the opportunity to secure your account or delete it (I know, we've all done that)
    • received an email change notification
    • declined to contact the company to resolve that
    • received an invoice
    • declined to query that invoice
    • received a second invoice
    • taken to the internet to complain
    I'm not victim-blaming but, by your own admission, you've given Hetzner zero opportunities to put things right. It's way too early to claim they're scammers.

sarahk, Jan 9, 2021 IP
  5. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They are Europe based company. While people of India might try you to resell web development work or over charge you but sellers of Europe do movie piracy and try to sell you websites with fake revenue stats.

jaguar34, Mar 8, 2021 IP