1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you organize yourself?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Horia, Dec 30, 2020.

Hello guys,

I would appreciate a lot to learn from you new methods of personal organization, how to avoid procrastination, how to hardcore work, gain new habits and build up discipline and so get the best result out of the effort we put in the day to day activities.

Now I wake up a 6:30am, make my morning routine till 9 am when I start working I work till 2 pm then take lunch and after that at 3 pm, continue to do office stuff (really need a secretary) till 5 pm.

After that I think about the next project looking at my local and national competition, have a bookmarks folders just for that and surf the net I must admit that some times I do it when I'm supposed to work.

I try to go to bed at 1030 every night and control the coffee and tobacco if I can, because I live very accelerated type of life and have sleeping problems, had to take pills to sleep. I never taste alcohol along the week, only in the weekend some whisky with redbull, my favorite drink.

I plan my week on Sunday evening at 10pm and if I can't I plan it on Monday morning after my routine. I try to keep it simple and program the great tasks before and after that the small steps after that the work it isn't always the same, some days I speak with new clients on another occasions they call me have to send emails and coordinate myself with my colleague and so on.

I use a lot the pomodoro technique set the alarm for 20 minutes and rest 5 and fight hard to avoid procrastination and focus on the tasks it was difficult in the beginning but menage to make the habits work and now it is almost perfect, till something random happens.

When I'm low on work and have to look for new clients I have the temptation to slow it down because obtaining clients it is a distinct job, has to do with other skills.

So I'm going back and forward between to different professionals types.

Love to hear about how do you freelancers organize your day. Somebody tried out the Kayzen technique in their work routine?

Horia, Dec 30, 2020 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Coffee and Redbull along with sleeping pills.:eek: Switch to instant coffee, drop the Redbull and as far as the sleeping pills, throw them into the toilet and instead have a warm/hot glass of milk. Natural melatonin as opposed to chemicals. Give yourself and your body a break, you are not a machine.

Spoiltdiva, Dec 30, 2020 IP
  3. Horia

Horia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I had that problem this year but now is over, I can fall asleep well and rest well.

Occasionally I love to drink that but with the quarantine that has fallen upon us here in Valencia the last time I went to a club or a pub was 8 months ago.

At 11pm we must be at home, at the risk of fine and if you insist you can end up in jail.

Horia, Dec 30, 2020 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have two different calendars: a personal calendar with alarms to remind me of "big picture" activities that I need to do on a weekly or monthly basis. (It also has personal appointments like doctor visits.) Then, I have a tickler calendar in my sales CRM that pings me daily with multiple work tasks that need to get done. Having alerts scheduled throughout the day/week/month tends to keep me on track.

jrbiz, Dec 31, 2020 IP
  5. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well in my case it helps me to work with my mind .Meditation ,sugestion ,morning ritual ,and also night visualization .i found it very important to habe a good morning ritual as this prepare my mind ti be productive for majority of the day

Spartan14, Jan 1, 2021 IP
  6. Andrea Yu

Andrea Yu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I list 3 major goals for the day
    I have a checklist and monitoring sheet
    I keep track of time
    I dont multi task.

Andrea Yu, Jan 14, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That's an interesting list item. Did you try multi-tasking and then compare it to not multi-tasking? So many people claim to be multi-tasking these days that it could be the cause of much stress and wasted effort and actually counter-productive. Would like to hear more of your experiences with this.

jrbiz, Jan 14, 2021 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Doing something and at the same time keeping track of time is multi-tasking...:)

qwikad.com, Jan 14, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    And don't forget breathing and chewing gum. It can get pretty hectic. :)

jrbiz, Jan 14, 2021 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    That reminded me of:

qwikad.com, Jan 14, 2021 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  11. Descard

Descard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Everything depends on the personality of each person, but having a schedule for work always helps. When I'm not working the best I can do is whatever I want.

Descard, Feb 28, 2021 IP
  12. Pipiripi

Pipiripi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I organized myself by everytime I open my eyes, I am giving God thanks to follow in His footsteps.

Pipiripi, Mar 14, 2021 IP
  13. Swordmaster

Swordmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You don't need to organize yourself. You need only one thing: setting a goal and moving toward it. Then everything will get itself organized as you go because you can't really plan and predict things in advance, hoping everything will unfold according to your planned schedule, since life is very fleeting and changeable. But when you have a certain goal, you just stop wasting your time on anything else that doesn't help you achieve it and are naturally focused on achieving your goal. This is the only highest discipline and motivation you may have. Neither do you need a motivation tips as long as you have a thing/goal in life that motivates you. If the goal you are aiming at is attractive and inspiring enough, your body and mind will know better than anyone else, how to "organize" itself to achieve it in a shortest and most effective way. I have an eBook explaining more points of this philosophy on a deeper level than I can allow myself here, but I think I can't post my product links here to avoid getting banned.

Swordmaster, Apr 10, 2021 IP