1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Account deletion

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by john--smith, Dec 23, 2020.

Hello,

How can I delete my digitalpoint account? I read the FAQ and there was nothing. I tried the "contact us" link but I have no Twitter.

Thanks!

Solved! View solution.
    john--smith, Dec 23, 2020 IP
    You can't, it's been asked many times before and it's never going to happen. Just logout and be done with it.

malky66, Dec 23, 2020 IP
  3. john--smith

john--smith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You know this is becoming more and more illegal in many countries every day? I believe Canada is about to pass a bill on this...

4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Contact me via PM. I'll give you my Paypal #, you then deposit $100 U.S. into my account, and I can get this done for you.:)

Spoiltdiva, Dec 23, 2020 IP
  5. john--smith

john--smith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sure thing! As soon as you post your name, complete address, phone number and SSN for my records!

Spoiltdiva likes this.
  6. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That's bullshit mate, it's not illegal in any country for a forum to refuse to delete accounts.

malky66, Dec 23, 2020 IP
  7. john--smith

john--smith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I thought GDPR was there to allow for data deletion upon request, but I may be wrong. I did not go into details.

8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The problem with deleting a user account on a forum is it implies deleting all the op's threads and posts. It can create a huge mess. Entire threads disappearing, an incoherent flow between the posts in a thread. Just don't see something like that ever happening on DP (or anywhere) unless sued.

qwikad.com, Dec 23, 2020 IP
  9. john--smith

john--smith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I understand. I was more thinking of a deletion of my profile and keeping the posts there. I've seen some forums who keep the content and replace the username by "Deleted User" or something similar.

But I don't really care! We were in the process of closing the business and I was going through old emails and closing as much stuff as I could. I only posted 2 questions and there is no sensitive or personal information there anyways...

Thanks for answering!