1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice for web application technologies / architecture

Discussion in 'Programming' started by cpper, Dec 7, 2020.

I decided to start to learn web programming and as a first serious project I want to build a stocks/cryptography portfolio, where user sign in and add their holdings of specific stocks/coins. Users can see the current evaluation of their portfolio, or inspect various types of charts. I would like to host my app in the cloud, so that everyone on the internet can access it. Such sites(with lots of other features) are coinmarketcap.com or coingecko.com .

I have no idea what technologies to use, I know there are plenty of options, so that makes it very difficult for me to make a choice. I would like to use modern but popular technologies, which ideally are relatively easy to learn. I googled for an hour or so, and these technologies were mentioned:

- Google Cloud Platform: Google Cloud Run, Firebase (+ Firebase Realtime Database, Firebase Realtime
    Database, Firebase authentication)
    - All kind of products from AWS
    - Docker, Kubernetes
    - Angular, React
    - NodeJS, Express
    - Python(for backend)

I'd prefer Google Cloud products over their AWS alternatives. I have some experience with Angular, Docker, Kubernetes, NodeJS + Express, and Python. I have no experience with GCP or AWS, but I think I'd enjoy learning them.
    So, what technologies (from the ones above, or others), would you recommend for my basic project ? The project basically needs cloud hosting, user authentication and database storage.

Thanks for your time :)

cpper, Dec 7, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    All you need is a shared hosting account, PHP, and MySQL. Use some javascript and you're up and running.

All that other stuff is purely for your learning experience. What are your goals here - the pride of building something? to eventually be able to build a site that will earn money? to have employable skills and get a great job?

sarahk, Dec 7, 2020 IP
    Efetobor Agbontaen likes this.
  3. cpper

cpper Peon

Best Answers:
    Firstly it's about learning new stuff, for personal use. But then I won't be sorry if the new skills I learn can get me a good job.

cpper, Dec 7, 2020 IP
  4. Sovchenko

Sovchenko Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, when you start a new web project, there's always a question of how to architect a web application and which technologies to apply. Picked architecture determines the further logic of developing the app, the interaction of its elements, and functionality. Therefore, picking the right components for web application system architecture is significant for a project's tech success. I can recommend a guide about web based application architecture. Perhaps you will find answers to your questions here.

Sovchenko, Aug 10, 2022 IP