1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice wanted - Best SEO for a new forum

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by overhere, Jun 20, 2020.

Hi all

I have launched a new forum based on the forex market and forex traders, resources etc. I am using the XenForo script.

The website sits on U.S. servers and is for the global (related) audience.

Whats is the best way to start getting relative people on to the forum to start posting? I do already have some activity on it but need to really get it going.

Which SEO providers would be best for this? Or linking companies?

suggestions please?

overhere, Jun 20, 2020 IP
  2. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont have to much experience with this but i think adworks or bing ads are a good way of promotion

Spartan14, Jun 20, 2020 IP
  3. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    According to me
    First of all hire some people or talk in your circle for post informative and related contents by thread or reply to your forums. Because If user see there many threads and replies then he will convenience to register himself (genuine visitors).

If your forum start to get informative contents according to your keywords then start link building work to increase reputation of websites. As you said that your niche is Forex so you can get many websites related to business, finance, trading etc. Try to get backlinks from some reputed websites.

As i SETUP once xenforo for one of our client so can say that its very good script and responsive also ..... There can be more good script but according to me my experience this forums script have some additional features which are not available in other ..... Its helps specially in on page optimization, Payment option, sitemap, rss feed etc. by default is additional.

If your forums getting good contents and you are working on link building also then after little time you will get good response online.

If have not more ideas or have not enough time to work on forums and you want to hire any company to promote your forums then in DP you can start thread in services category with your requirement ...... i think here many persons, firm and company who can help you to build online reputation and popularity.

seomanualsubmission, Jun 20, 2020 IP
  4. overhere

overhere Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you - I have private messaged you.

overhere, Jun 20, 2020 IP
  5. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook ads. Cheap and easily targeted worldwide.

Oso Optimized, Jun 20, 2020 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You need to get "influencers" to mention the forum, or to have an AMA on your forum - and get them to promote it to their followers.

I'm assuming you have some credibility in this field - be outspoken about your knowledge, get people interested in you, personally.

sarahk, Jun 20, 2020 IP
  7. LadyStarc

LadyStarc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @sarahk do you think "influencers" will mention his forum? I dont think anyone would just share their audience with anyone else except for the time he offers them something out of the said forum.

If you really promote your forum then I think best way to market it is through traditional and digitally. You can ask people in your circle (if you belong to the same circle as your forums' audience) to get on the forum and do tell them why is it beneficial for them. Secondly, look at social channels, groups, discussions and mention your forum there. Make one good thread on your forum weekly that should cover weekly round-up and provide the market's overview and predictions and then share that thread in the groups that are relevant. You will have followers. Slowly, but surely.

LadyStarc, Jun 26, 2020 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm working on the basis that the OP has a name and reputation in the field of forex - so yes.

If the OP doesn't then I'd need to look at the business plan to get just why this forex forum is special and better than the others that already exist. Once I have that info I can give more targetted info.

sarahk, Jun 27, 2020 IP
  9. Mahmood Raza

Mahmood Raza Peon

Best Answers:
    What about Quora ads? I think it is a good option

Mahmood Raza, Jun 28, 2020 IP
  10. LadyStarc

LadyStarc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ah yes, I didnt think about it like that. I was more thinking of on the basis of that a forex guy who is looking to build this forum and its audience. But, yes until and unless there is enough information one can only assume.

LadyStarc, Jul 6, 2020 IP
  11. overhere

Best Answers:
    all big established forums, let's take big forex forums like forex factory or baby pips, all these started small didn't they? In my case I do have a .forex domain and the domain is wholly descriptive. This should help.

I do have activity and some membership on my forum, now need a good, sustained, targetted, seo.

overhere, Nov 9, 2020 IP
  12. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For a new forum website, as an administrator or site owner you need to join also with other related forex market and forex traders active communities then interact with them and introduce your site with appealing benefits in return. Earn reputation first.

KylieSweet, Nov 9, 2020 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  13. Vladesq

Vladesq Peon

Best Answers:
    I think facebook ads, they are the most popular and you can target people in a lot of ways.

Vladesq, Nov 9, 2020 IP
  14. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    They did all start small, but what was their secret to getting bigger? It'll be more than a domain name.

sarahk, Nov 9, 2020 IP
  15. overhere

Best Answers:
    of course, yes... but i do believe seo is essential after some initial self-entered data.

but i do not think getting people to post, paid or otherwise, is an authentic way forward.

overhere, Nov 22, 2020 IP
  16. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will need a lot of money to get this started or a lot of very hard work and patient. To start a new forum today is difficult unless you have a staff of at least 20 people with knowledge about the main topic of your new forum. Or, as mentioned already, you have a huge budget to hire people posting on your forum.

fionix, Nov 25, 2020 IP
  17. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    First, you have selected an almost dead business model, forums.
    Second, you have selected one of the toughest, most saturated niche.

You can do some advertising online, you might even get some new members to register, but that will not be a lasting snowball effect like it used to happen with forums 10 years ago.
    It will be constant advertising, constantly chasing new people...
    Those heavy forum softwares will not be of help in keeping operating and maintainance costs down.

JEET, Nov 26, 2020 IP
  18. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @sarahk @LadyStarc @Oso Optimized

The best way to kick start a forum. Is by doing forum marketing. Join related forums and start contributing and/or participating. Yeah, it will take time but yes it's the most effective way by spending no or the very least amount of money.

And the people suggesting cheap ads or so. I will say that yeah it can work too. But in the case of ads you have to keep spending a certain size of money in order to get exposure continuously.

mrb1129, Nov 26, 2020 IP
    Oso Optimized likes this.
  19. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Search for articles on the best Forex forums and ask the blogger to link to you. Make sure to add great posts and ask or answer common questions. And a Facebook ad would not hurt, even Google Ads.

FarrisFahad, Nov 27, 2020 IP
  20. YujinTan

YujinTan Member

Best Answers:
    just curious how you maintain the forum ?
    like prevent people hack , spam, etc stuffs

and as it get busy also need moderators

YujinTan, Dec 1, 2020 IP