1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do not waste your time building backlinks ...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by FarrisFahad, Nov 18, 2020.

I want to share my experience with SEO. I have found that building links is a waste of time, if the links you are building are not sending traffic. If you have time and money it's better to spend it on your content and product. Cause selling a normal product won't get you to rank 1st on Google or other search engines.

If you are just starting out with SEO please do not obsess over building links. Just think of ways to add value to your users and they will link naturally. Try to figure out where you can promote your content without spamming other sites.

Just think of this ...

Who would sell more? Pepsi with a bad taste and a lot of marketing or Coke Cola with an amazing taste? The same principle applies to websites. Building links to a crappy site is not gonna get you anywhere. Invest in your quality rather than spamity :)

FarrisFahad, Nov 18, 2020 IP
    cronik likes this.
  2. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not agree because in your thread you are giving answer of your question or doubt.

This is your answer .... If you are spammer and looking for only backlinks from anywhere then you are right that can not get any position after lots of spamming.

How will user find you ..... There are many good content writers .... So according to you, if all good writers buy domain and write good contents so can bit his competitors without any link building or promotion ..... I dont think.

I think you are talking about e-commerce site ..... because you are saying about general products ....... So according to me nothing is impossible ... Amazon is big one does not means other e-commerce site is not increasing his sales ....... just need to implement some new rules to serve your best for users ..... And need to take place at very good and high ranking site to get reputed backlinks.

seomanualsubmission, Nov 18, 2020 IP
    mrb1129 likes this.
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The Penguin algorithm update took care of the spammy backlink building practices and it's an ongoing effort. SEO gurus have lost this battle a while back, they just don't want to admit it.

qwikad.com, Nov 18, 2020 IP
    cronik likes this.
  4. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea totaly agree .its a better strategy to focus on creating great content that brings value to people and they will love you ,resulting in search engine loving you also

Spartan14, Nov 18, 2020 IP
  5. NeoWebs

NeoWebs Member

Best Answers:
    Your title should have been "Don't waste time On Building Crappy Backlinks" ....

Backlinking is a must for me, and that is from experience. It should be good though. You see, I used to create really good content, loyal to Google not to send a link my way because that was unnatural. I used to spend time on finding really low competitive keywords, build the best content I could and wait for sites to link back to me. At the same time, I saw other sites including new ones pick up my keywords, outrank me while I stayed there fearing that I will be penalized. It will happen again and again until you are off the same page.

What I learned is that I need all of them. Good keywords, Good Content & Good Backlinks. I mean, I'd rather have a blend of PepsiCocacola than just Coca Cola :)

NeoWebs, Nov 21, 2020 IP
  6. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I see what you are saying, I agree with you on building GOOD links. But you don't need to waste hours doing so. I honestly hate link building and would rather provide more value through better content or product than spending hours looking for ways to build links. It's time consuming.

I think the best way to promote your content is through outreach and advertising. But in order for those to work well you must have outstanding Coke :)

I should have added that promoting is a must, but do it properly and without spamming. I just hate how people think of promoting their sites. And I use to be one of them. But I learned the hard way that building links is better off organic.

Thank you for your response :)

I just wanted to share my experience and let other who are just starting out to avoid my mistakes.

FarrisFahad, Nov 21, 2020 IP
  7. Libor Krejci

Libor Krejci Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You want good links that converts to traffic? You have to pay for it. SEO 2020 is not about spammy links from trash websites.

Libor Krejci, Dec 18, 2020 IP
  8. brack nelson

brack nelson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes buddy completely agree with you, this is the future of SEO

brack nelson, Dec 19, 2020 IP
  9. shakiba.proba

shakiba.proba Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you

Here are some things you can do try for good traffic

Talk to blog owners and ask them to give you a backlink to relevant content.
    Create content that people will like to link to.
    Avoid buying or exchanging links. Google doesn’t like that and you’ll get penalized.

shakiba.proba, Dec 23, 2020 IP
    FarrisFahad likes this.
  10. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That is exactly what most people should do. Thanks :)

FarrisFahad, Dec 23, 2020 IP
  11. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm a senior citizen running a one-man-staff (me) website. Over the past 16 years I haven't done much "link building." In the past 7 or 8 years I've done almost none. But I do work hard at publishing good content. The result? My relatively small website has 9,100 inbound links from 1,500 domains (per Moz). The vast majority of those are organic links (people who chose to link to me without my asking them).

Yes, I understand that building links might bring me more traffic, but there's only me doing all the work. Like many of you with limited resources and time, I concentrate on writing good content. My ~500 original articles draw about 1,400 visitors daily.

Jim4767, Dec 25, 2020 IP
    qwikad.com and Ayoub benali01 like this.
  12. Ayoub benali01

Ayoub benali01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    I'm curious to see your content Jim, can you share your website please?

Ayoub benali01, Dec 26, 2020 IP
  13. Md. Mobarak Hossen

Md. Mobarak Hossen Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not agree with you. You are talking to sell a tools may be. Backlinks are the most important part of SEO specially do-follow backlinks . Every company is not like Pepsi or Coka Cola. If you reach to that level then you normally do not require SEO, You need marketing but how? You did not clear in your thread.

Md. Mobarak Hossen, Dec 26, 2020 IP
  14. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    1. Yes, it's "Pentecostal Sermons & Bible Studies." I'm a retired pastor and Bible college teacher.

Jim4767, Dec 26, 2020 IP
    Ayoub benali01 likes this.
  15. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Listen mate. I know things can get frustrating sometimes. As all things doesn't work out for everybody.:p

But that doesn't mean that they do not work at all.

My reply to you is that if your link building isn't doing much good. Then maybe you should consider the fact that you are not doing it right.

@qwikad.com Yes spammy link techniques are taken care of. But good link building still works. I am not any Guru but I do it all the time. So, yeah I can assure you that it works and it works big time. You just have to do it the right way.

Some might even argue that with all the EAT and other updates. Link Building is obsolete. But they couldn't be more wrong. I am not against writing good content but if a few good backlinks can drive you a ton of traffic then why not? In this scenario I completely agree with @NeoWebs "Good keywords, Good Content & Good Backlinks".

@FarrisFahad If you are only looking to build links then you will probably end up hurting yourself. @seomanualsubmission pointed out it right. Try to build relationship with others. Good relationship can be useful too. There are many cases where people just pay up to write something in their blog and also they offer you a free link.

@Jim4767 As an experienced man like you know that if you have a good reader or followers base you don't need anything else.:p

mrb1129, Dec 27, 2020 IP
    NeoWebs and seomanualsubmission like this.
  16. Ayoub benali01

Ayoub benali01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Cool website! I wish you all of luck in your journey Jim :)

Ayoub benali01, Dec 28, 2020 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  17. tofarch

tofarch Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The old tradition of backlinking is out dated in ranking factor of Google. But that is updated by using the smart type of work.

Blog posting
    Guest Posting
    Press release submission
    Informative influence posting
    Content marketing in Social Media platform

With Thanks,

Tofarch.co.in

tofarch, Dec 29, 2020 IP
  18. MayurKawale

MayurKawale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Disagree.... you should build the natural link and not spammy links.

Definition of Natural Link : In simple words, natural links happen when other webmasters, bloggers or website owners link to your content (blogs, images, products, videos etc) because they think is useful for their readers and adds value to their websites or pages.

I hope you understand now.

So avoid the spammy link... One more thing focus on quality link and not on quantity.

Also make sure you must add quality content on your site periodically. Now a days CONTENT IS KING.

MayurKawale, Dec 30, 2020 IP