1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Guidance for starting an eCommerce business

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by GeorgeNik, Nov 1, 2020.

Hello, i have been reading threads on this site these past few days and i plan to start an eCommerce business. I consider finding suppliers from aliexpress and sell to ebay and amazon, and if it works to start selling in shopify, woocommerce and perhaps other platforms too. Problem is, i have been picking pieces of info all over the place from the internet and i thought that it would be ideal to find one or two sources that will teach me what i need to know in order to find success and not mess up, i want a strategy that falls in line with what i have in mind. I want a free course (if i end up investing for something like that, i ll do it only after i get some money from selling online, and i also heard that the info in free courses is often better and not scammy), or at least some article series or whatever from a trusted expert on the field. It has to be up to date and i want info that will cover all the sections that i need to know about, from how to find a profitable niche, to pricing strategy.

GeorgeNik, Nov 1, 2020 IP
  2. IAmTheAnswer

IAmTheAnswer Member

Best Answers:
    You can check Youtube or Udemy for free courses.

IAmTheAnswer, Nov 11, 2020 IP
  3. Rick Akura

Rick Akura Peon

Best Answers:
    The best E-commerce platform for your Microsoft and Windows related shopping is SoftwareKeep

Rick Akura, Nov 19, 2020 IP
  4. Harvey Wolf

Harvey Wolf Member

Best Answers:
    Hey agree Youtube is a great free source. When I started out the amount of stuff I learned there was incredible.
    It will take time. You also need to be specific in exactly what type of information you need. The titles of videos will help a great deal and you will find things that you hadn't thought of, so yes I would definitely give Youtube a go.

Harvey Wolf, Feb 2, 2021 IP
  5. DanjoDesigns

DanjoDesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    Udemy is great for courses. I personally would advise you to focus on the following:

Use a reliable supplier with good reviews / personal recommendations
    A bad supplier can cause all sorts or problems

Use a well known platform such as Shopify, Magento or WooCommerce
    I like Shopify and WooCommerce as you can get a site going quickly and easily without coding knowledge and just focus on your products.

Set a side a monthly marketing budget
    This is very important and includes things like Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Bing Ads etc. Directory listings such as Upurr, Yell or Yelp

Ensure you produce high quality imagery
    This includes product photos and locations shoots (if required)

Hope you find some good advise and all the best.

DanjoDesigns, Mar 2, 2021 IP