1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

easy eCommerce platforms for startup?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by youhost, May 18, 2020.

?

Best easy to use Ecommerce platform

1. OpenCart

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Wordpress + woocomerce

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Mageno 2

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Prestashop

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. Shopify

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  6. Other

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Nottlentimen

Nottlentimen Peon

Best Answers:
    but here is a deal
    a website that you've done with your own css would be 100 times better
    that's what my friend said bout his project

Nottlentimen, Jul 31, 2020 IP
  2. Ayoub benali01

Ayoub benali01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    I have a friend using WordPress, he never complained about it.
    I believe Shopify is easy to use too.

Ayoub benali01, Aug 1, 2020 IP
  3. TraceyG727

TraceyG727 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not so easy to have a good startup.

TraceyG727, Sep 9, 2020 IP
  4. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress and woocommerce for sure the best platforms for an easy start.

fionix, Oct 15, 2020 IP
  5. Graggie

Graggie Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion Shopify would be better for a beginner.

Graggie, Oct 15, 2020 IP
  6. Daniel165

Daniel165 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing the valuable answer, It will be helpful for me.

Daniel165, Nov 5, 2020 IP
  7. BryanH

BryanH Peon

Best Answers:
    There are very few use cases where Magento is actually a better choice than WooCommerce.

Shopify lets you sell on other platforms like facebook and ebay out of the box - woocommerce requires a paid plugin.
    abandoned cart recovery is also available out of the box - something that can be very pricey with WooCommerce.
    shopify has payment processing out of the box - with WC, you can get paypal/stripe for free, but processing fees may be a bit higher than shopify payments
    Shopify has much better support.

The biggest advantage with WC over Shopify is that it's highly customizable.
    While WC is very scalable, you still have to upgrade your hosting to keep up with the scaling, and this is something you don't have to worry about with Shopify - the amount you pay for shopify is only in relation to the features you have, and not to the amount of traffic/sales you have.

in terms of cost effectiveness - you'll be paying $29/mo for shopify at a minimum, but with WP/WC, your only monthly fee is hosting, which would be much lower in the beginning, but may increase depending on how quickly you scale.
    example: I have one WC site with fairly low traffic that I pay $10/mo, but I manage another WC site where hosting is $700/mo which has hundreds of sales per day and tens of thousands of visitors daily.

BryanH, Nov 8, 2020 IP
  8. Asgard2087

Asgard2087 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For hobbyist like your mother, I would suggest WordPress and WordPress hosting only by Bluehost India. One of the main reasons is that it is easy to manage and you don't need to face the complexities that you need with magento or some such, because WordPress is designed for users that are first timers unlike web devs.

Everything is self explanatory, and most importantly, it is easy without any hassles. It also has SEO plugins like Yoast which you can utilize and boost the organic search for your category/ mom and pop brand. At a performance level, Bluehost India's WP hosting really takes the cake away and even if there are any hassles, their support is so good that they resolve your problem in a few minutes.

Asgard2087, Dec 3, 2020 IP
  9. seo4me

seo4me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried Magento2, Wordpress and Shopify. Finally It has been shopify for me all the way. Very easy to use, faster website and good support. Though there are some limitations compared to wordpress and magento 2 but if you are not technical enough and want to focus on business then it is Shopify. Magento 2 and Wordpress allows more customization but needs added skill as well. Check my website which I have created on Shopify: Akshar Bhakti

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    seo4me, Feb 2, 2021 IP
  10. Shippingguru717

Shippingguru717 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you need a good shipping service - ladels.com gives you a free Pitney Bowes account that is usually $14.99 to ship via USPS. The rates are great and they offer Cubic rates on priority mail which tend to save you a lot over the long haul when shipping regularly. Their accounts are free if you ship under 5,000 orders per month, which it seems like you will be since you're just starting out.

Shippingguru717, Feb 3, 2021 IP
  11. alex365

alex365 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If your are a startup, maybe Wix or Shopify will be good enough solutions to achieve your "proof of concept", it will be definitely cheaper, than directly to start with open-source software. After you have earned money, then you can invest in Magento or whatever. I would not recommend opencart or woocommerce - these systems are too simple for a professional e-commerce website.

alex365, Feb 20, 2021 IP
  12. Asgard2087

Asgard2087 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    WooCommerce. WordPress hosted websites, (Bluehost India being my pick) with woo commerce is a fantastic combination. Nothing that you would miss on other platforms. Everything is here.

Asgard2087, Feb 28, 2021 IP
  13. DanjoDesigns

DanjoDesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say Shopify is very easy and also very powerful. It also means that later down the line if you wanted to have a fully customisable store front you can utilise Shopify Plus. WooCommerce is close second for me.

As for SEO, that mainly depends on the SEO actions you take such as providing rich content on your store and maybe a blog. Other than that listing your store on directories such as Upurr or Yell aswell as Google Business and Bing Places, is a good idea.

DanjoDesigns, Mar 2, 2021 IP
  14. Jennifer Simon

Jennifer Simon Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of reliable and easy to use eCommerce platforms available in the market right now, and there is no one answer to this question because each business is unique, and so are its requirements. However, there are a number of platforms that are the optimal choice for small to medium-scale businesses because of their affordability as well as technical superiority. Open-source eCommerce platforms like WooCommerce and Magento are among the most popular platforms as they are both highly flexible and robust. Make sure that you partner with a reliable WooCommerce expert developer so that you can build your eCommerce store just like you’ve always imagined it without compromise. Apart from open-source platforms, there are also SaaS platforms that you could choose from, including BigCommerce and Shopify. The SaaS-based platforms are not as flexible as open-source ones, but they come with advanced stock capabilities and easy operation.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Jennifer Simon, Mar 3, 2021 IP
  15. hibiscustechno

hibiscustechno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress with woocommerce is one of the best choice for a long run . One of the big reason is it will incur one time cost for you and will give you full control for customizations from the starting stage itself . . The steps as follows : -

1 .Get a domain registered & get a decent hosting plan (You can get it from places like Godaddy , Bluehost , Hostinger , Siteground) etc according to your budget
    2. When you purchase the hosting plan please make sure that it is a linux based hosting plan
    3. Most of the hosting services now a days offer one click Wordpress installation , You can install Wordpress using that option
    4. Purchase a decent and good looking Woocommerce theme , mostly elementor page builder based template from places like themeforest , They also offer themesetup service within affordable cost starting from $50 . You can also go for Flatsome theme , It is also very easy to edit
    5. Now you are ready with Wordpress and a decent theme , Start editing the theme and uploading the products , You can also refer the theme documentation also
    6. There are a lots of Woocommerce tutorials available online , Please refer it whenever you need
    7. Also setup a payment gateway in Woocommerce settings according to your choice
    8. Install Yoast SEO plugin and configure the on page SEO aspects like page title , description etc

Hope it helps ... Happy selling :)

hibiscustechno, Mar 4, 2021 IP
    Asgard2087 likes this.
  16. 9xlinux

9xlinux Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Every script have their own pro and cons.
    1- If you can afford some $ then Shopify is a first choice as you are not needed to get separate payment gateway.
    2- If you wanna something free or cheap then WordPress with woocommerce is a best choice but you have to knowledge of setup your store, theme and SEO. You can get batter community support with this combination and there are also many paid plugins available for easy management.
    3- The OpenCart is also a good choice but not widely community supported.

9xlinux, Apr 7, 2021 IP