1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What supplier searching strategies do you use?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Seth Coplen, Feb 3, 2020.

Hi all! I'm new to this forum and really intend to create a good relationship with you all!

I have been dropshipping for the last two years and am now opening a skincare niche store. I figured I would start by talking with you guys about my current issue which is HUGE for a dropshipping store.

So I already know what products I want but what I was wondering is: How do you guys regularly find your suppliers? Are there any special directories you guys use?
    Thanks guys

Seth Coplen, Feb 3, 2020 IP
  2. Todman2112

Todman2112 Member

Best Answers:
    Since it's a fast-growing market and there are many manufacturers out there, You could hire someone who actually does some imports from specific areas to check manufacturers (how legit they are, etc). You can get your business closed so easily if you deal with "pro". So make your analysis first with someone who actually knows the market and lives there.

Todman2112, Feb 4, 2020 IP
  3. Kate Liev

Kate Liev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm in the same situation, looking for new suppliers, so I define two main for now it's a bornprettystore and fragrance.net, still have to make an evaluation of their credibility.

Kate Liev, Mar 2, 2020 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Kind of depends on what you are planning to sell and where you are planning to sell it. Off the top, I would suggest looking at relevant trade conferences for your industry that are located in your geographic market, because it is very likely that many suppliers to the industry will be exhibiting there and will serve that geographic area.

jrbiz, Mar 3, 2020 IP
  5. LadyStarc

LadyStarc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Umm...I am adding another question to the above. Since, he is talking about dropshipping. Can we directly sell products on ebay by buying them from another e-commerce? Like without the thing being available with us, is it workable?

LadyStarc, Mar 4, 2020 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, we used to drop ship from multiple other suppliers while selling on eBay and Amazon. Ebay and Amazon don't care where the sale is shipped from as long as you meet their shipping standards.

jrbiz, Mar 4, 2020 IP
    LadyStarc likes this.
  7. LadyStarc

LadyStarc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Can you please tell me a bit more about the Ebay shipping standards? Also, can you tell me how to setup an account on Ebay for selling? Thank you!

LadyStarc, Mar 11, 2020 IP
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is Amazon that has the toughest shipping standards in terms of timing, etc., because of their Prime shipping feature. Ebay simply wants you to please the customer and get positive feedbacks and not charge "outrageous" shipping fees to mask the true cost of your product. My point is that neither of these vendors care as to how you get a sold product to their customers as long as you do it well and the customer is satisfied. As long as your drop shipper does a good job of shipping product and keeping customers happy, neither Amazon nor eBay will care where the shipment is coming from. How would they know, in fact, as long as the customer is happy?

Just go to eBay and down at the bottom you will see a list of links, including "Start Selling".

jrbiz, Mar 11, 2020 IP
  9. Junelee

Junelee Peon

Best Answers:
    sourcing on the local leading ecommerce platforms in China, like 1688 (Alibaba Chinese version),taobao, Tmall. Or sourcing by hiring agent.

Junelee, Oct 22, 2020 IP
  10. johnken1514

johnken1514 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    “Chase the vision, not the money; the money will end up following you.”

neutron star mass

johnken1514, Oct 28, 2020 IP
  11. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Covid has made it a crappy time to do dropshipping. While online sales are up with more people at home, the shipping end of it is a nightmare with prices forced up quite frequently.

asmodeus, Oct 30, 2020 IP