1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to use PostgreSQL with Aiven?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by hookEMhorn, Oct 28, 2020.

Hi guys,

I am currently being challenged in my job. Two employees are sick, one is on vacation and I am apparently the only one in the IT department who is familiar with the terms data base and data import.

I usually work with Apache Kafka, which is about replicating data streams in clusters. However, a colleague of mine has worked with PostgreSQL. I have no experience with this program and I wanted to ask you if it is similar to Apache Kafka.
    Furthermore the colleague works with a provider. Aiven is the name. It allows a much faster data processing than Apache Kafka or PostgreSQL could.

Should I use Aiven for PostgreSQL so that the import of data is faster?

hookEMhorn, Oct 28, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We don't have a lot of users from Austria, but when we do they want to know about Aiven.

I'm surprised that in a company that is big enough to have 5 people in an IT department they they have urgent projects that can't wait until people return to work. I'd say that you'd be better using technology you know well and can deliver on, rather than risking this urgent project on new tech.

sarahk, Oct 28, 2020 IP