1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Feb 1, 2020.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I used to be a road warrior with multiple flights per week around North America and occasionally Europe. I watched airline flying get worse and worse (tighter seats, much more crowded, no blankets/pillows, no food, minimal drink, etc.) over the decades. I am now watching the airline industry really struggling which probably means that flying conditions will only get worse. Now, I do not see any business travel for me this year or early next year, but I would have some reluctance, anyway. Not because of catching the virus (have my tinfoil hat for that) but because my understanding is that you are forced to wear a mask throughout the entire flight! The air in these aluminum tubes is stuffy enough; adding a mask in the way of your breathing, even when sitting, seems untenable to me.

I have a niece that was working in marketing for a major airline; I am happy for her that she just took a job in a completely different industry. I realize that the government cannot allow the airlines to all fail from a national security perspective; but I think that it is going to be a long and miserable climb back for them and I also think that the industry will look different when it does emerge out of this artificially created downturn.

jrbiz, Oct 23, 2020 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I also have a niece and she showed me her Anti Unemployment Model tinfoil hat. I understand that it practically guarantees that you will find work if you get laid off. I particularly liked the green $$$ emblems on the hat, very stylish.

Spoiltdiva, Oct 23, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Let's just say that if you find yourself speaking with a hiring manager who is wearing our Deluxe Candidate Selection Tinfoil Hat, he or she will instantly recognize your superior credentials if you are wearing that model. Even more so if you are wearing the Great Job Skills Ear Flap Adapters.

jrbiz, Oct 23, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  4. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    The government of Poland has just announced that when a vaccine becomes available in that country, every Pole will be required by law to take it. No exceptions, no excuses. They intend to vaccinate every schoolchild right from the get go.

Is this a sign of things to come? As to the Chinese, no law is necessary as they seem to be rolling up their sleeves willingly. I guess it all comes down to mindset. The Chinese government has launched a pro vaccination campaign on the internet and on t.v, it appears to be working.

Spoiltdiva, Oct 28, 2020 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The news about vaccines is not good here in the U.S. The FakeNews/Democrats/Swamp have politicized masks, therapies, and now vaccinations. They will do anything, including harming the public welfare, to satisfy their addiction to political and governmental power.

jrbiz, Oct 28, 2020 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I 100% hear you on this. Gloria Borger was on CNN yesterday claiming that your Anti Aging Model tinfoil hat doesn't work. She claims that since she bought it, she looks older than ever!

Spoiltdiva, Oct 28, 2020 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Our Anti Aging Model Tinfoil Hat only slows the aging process; imagine what she would look like if she was not wearing it. Beyond that, we have some evidence that she violated our Warranty, thereby voiding the 100% Guarantee, through improper use.

jrbiz, Oct 28, 2020 IP
  8. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. She must be looking in a Fake Tin Foil Mirror.

mmerlinn, Oct 28, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    There is this 58 seconds long Youtube video circulating on the internet. It shows Trump ripping off his Victory Model tinfoil hat off of his head and stomping on it. I cannot speak to the authenticity of the video, but in it Trump is heard shouting, "This damn thing isn't working!"

In another video Biden is seen wearing his Anti Covid-19 Model tinfoil hat, so he at least is a believer.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 5, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    About 50% of North Americans polled are stating that they will refuse a Covid-19 vaccine once it is rolled out. Columbia University has come up with a solution to this. They have developed a nasal spray which they are now claiming is 100% effective in combating Covid. One hit with this spray up your nose every 24 hours will do it they say. They are awaiting approval from the feds, then it's off to market with this product. Who will purchase the rights to it? Probably a big American pharma giant.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 8, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  11. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I can just see everyone being forced to get a nasal shot before entering every building, conveyance, and so on.

mmerlinn, Nov 8, 2020 IP
  12. Slincon

Slincon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's been a long road, but people keep being careless so it ends up resetting and now the rates are going up where I live because the teen and college crowd won't stop partying and are causing rates to skyrocket.

Slincon, Nov 8, 2020 IP
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Pfizer has just announced that its large scale trials have shown a 90% effectiveness rate, which is almost unheard of (usually, they are 50 0r 60% effective. The stock market is responding quite favorably. There is chatter that Pfizer held back this news until after the election due to their animus towards Trump due to his fight to get lower drug prices. Biden will be much more malleable (i.e., "buy-able") for Big Pharma.

jrbiz, Nov 9, 2020 IP
  14. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    It is ONLY 90% effective IF one wears the Booster Model tinfoil hat. If you are foolish enough not to have purchased the said hat, then you go down to 50-60%.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 9, 2020 IP
  15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    We are also seeing success in the Phase III trials of our new Deluxe Antigen Booster Tinfoil Hats. More on that to follow.

jrbiz, Nov 9, 2020 IP
  16. Vladesq

Vladesq Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it`a a mass game because look at the elections, right after Biden has won, the coronavirus antidot has been released.

Vladesq, Nov 9, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Moncef Slooui who is head of Operation Warp Speed announced recently from the Whitehouse that a Covid-19 vaccine will be available to doctors in the U.S. sometime in January. He also predicted that by March 25% (80 million) Americans could be inoculated by then.

In Canada they are using the same timeline and have also stated that every Canadian that wants the vaccine will have it by June. In Canada they are going to give the first dosages to front line health workers and the over 65 crowd. Then the general population at a later date as they roll it out.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 14, 2020 IP
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, I was just telling my wife, yesterday, that I am really starting to like wearing masks when out and about in town. Yes, they are uncomfortable and can make you feel a bit dizzy from lack of oxygen at times (happens to me, anyway) but I absolutely love going out in public and being totally incognito (note that I usually put up my hoodie to cover my head and ears, too). Not only does it foil spying video cameras, but we New Englanders are noted for being cold and stand-offish, anyway, and this just makes that easier and better! No gratuitous pleasantries have to be exchanged with strangers, no doors need to be held open (would violate social distancing), no much of any interactions except taking care of business and back to the car. I like it! I may continue to wear such a mask/hoodie long after the virus panic has passed (all in the interests of safety, of course.) ;)

jrbiz, Nov 26, 2020 IP
  19. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I am telling you, with the whole social distancing thing all my dreams came true. I am not a people person, have never liked standing too close to others or close interactions. Don't like to be hugged or give hugs. Don't care if people smile at me or say hi. No more shaking someone's sweaty hand!

[​IMG]

qwikad.com, Nov 26, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn and jrbiz like this.
  20. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Seeing as the subject of "social distancing" has come up, there is a rumor going around that Trump's presidential library, is going to be built on the Mexican side of the wall.:rolleyes:

P.S. Now that's what I call social distancing.;)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    Spoiltdiva, Nov 26, 2020 IP
    sarahk likes this.