1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any ideas? How can I put my JOKES website before human eyes?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by JEET, Oct 23, 2020.

Any ideas? How can I put my JOKES website before human eyes?

Its not just a jokes website, but I am starting with this angle.
    Now how do I put this website before people? To join, to comment, to react to jokes etc etc?

What method would you suggest to get a couple 1000 people to join the website, and to comment or react to jokes?

I am thinking google adsense will not be a choice here.
    Not sure how to promote a jokes website via adsense.

I do not think fb will work either.
    Seems like people do not like to click links on fb. They just see the title of webpage on fb, and leave a reaction on fb itself.
    I honestly do not want a fan page on fb for no real returns...

What else can be done?
    My target is to get about 1000 people on the site by the end of this financial year March 2021.
    Not an unrealistic goal I guess...
    Thanks

JEET, Oct 23, 2020 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What type of jokes are these? Family-friendly? Dirty Jokes? Any particular topic themes? What language are they in?

I actually subscribe to as many email joke newsletters that I can find, but I am probably not the norm. But, what I see are jokes delivered to my inbox with links to see more in every email. I like the convenience, but I may not be your target audience.

I would suggest that you provide "free samples" in your social media posts and elsewhere. If you use a great joke that gets a lot of smiles or laughs out of the audience, I would think that a fair portion of them will click through to join your newsletter, etc.

jrbiz, Oct 23, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You didn't mention Twitter. Don't like it either? That's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the title of your thread. You tweet one joke at a time and provide your site link. Seems like a perfect plan.

**I am guessing you meant to say AdWords, not AdSense.

qwikad.com, Oct 23, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  4. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @jrbiz

Jokes are in English, all sorts of things. Adult, animals, children said something innocent, men, women, blonde jokes, priest rabbi, bar jokes etc etc.
    All mixed, being posted at random on "one" section of the website.
    Other section is posting famous quotes by famous people.
    There are other sections on the website where people can do some other things.
    But its the joke section which I am highlighting right now because this section has maximum content, and I think that it can attract some jolly happy fun loving people to the site.

There is no newsletter. You can just open the site anytime you like (homepage), and at least 10-20 "new" jokes would be there every time you visit.

I'll PM you the URL.

JEET, Oct 23, 2020 IP
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @qwikad.com
    That is also my thought, but doing it manually will consume lot of time before I can get any good results...
    Am thinking of doing it via API, but last time I checked their API, it was not showing tweets made via API in hashtags section.
    But they got a new API now, will check with it.
    Thanks for suggestion!

JEET, Oct 23, 2020 IP
  6. inserte

inserte Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Social media is essential, even if they are not as active in clicking. My suggestion is to post on all social media you can find. This will not only get you good amount of visitors but help with indexing too.

inserte, Oct 23, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  7. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @inserte
    Not really concerned about indexing for this website... I don't think search engines can send any usable visitors to this site. The theme and niche of the site is not something which people actively search for.

JEET, Oct 23, 2020 IP
  8. cdawson6887

cdawson6887 Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook can be great if you know what to do. Creating a Facebook Page and posting the jokes with a link to your site will probably turn out great in the long run. Also, Facebook ads work very well and could probably work for your site. I would also look into Pinterest, you can make images of the jokes and put them on Pinterest with links back to your site. Both of these would yield great results but it will take time.

cdawson6887, Nov 6, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  9. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think I will try pinterest api. Facebook API is too complicated, you need permission first to make posts on your own timeline and pages...

JEET, Nov 7, 2020 IP
  10. AndroidST

AndroidST Member

Best Answers:
    If done correctly, Reddit could be a goldmine of traffic. You just have to figure out a way of posting without appearing 'spammy'.

AndroidST, Nov 7, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  11. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I will have to check that website. I have never been there.

JEET, Nov 8, 2020 IP
  12. Annabrwzer

Annabrwzer Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel like this is will a good idea

Annabrwzer, Nov 8, 2020 IP
  13. Slincon

Slincon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If these are original jokes, you can post them on Twitter with a link back to your site.
    Be warned that if you build up in popularity, people will be pretty angry if you're claiming someone else's jokes as your own.

If you're re-posting jokes from other comedians or sites, it's kind of a saturated market.

Slincon, Nov 8, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  14. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Slincon
    No, these are not new jokes.

JEET, Nov 9, 2020 IP
  15. c1lonewolf

c1lonewolf Member

Best Answers:
    I used to be part of a forum that had a jokes and riddles section to brighten peoples day and allowed members to include their own. It was hilarious!

sounds like what your creating is a collective...jokes, quotes etc. Create a name for the overall and promote the overall collective. Allow the visitors to promote the individual sections.

c1lonewolf, Nov 9, 2020 IP
  16. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    JEET, Nov 10, 2020 IP
  17. Breslinnet

Breslinnet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Random thought here but it sounds like you are trying to brand this site for some initial exposure with an end goal of engagement. Why not create some banners with joke content and linked to your site when users see the banner and click. Then you either find an ad broker to help you buy banner impressions or buy impressions from similar content sites. Banner impressions are relatively cheap and can be used on websites and emails both.

Breslinnet, Dec 7, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  18. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    JEET, Dec 7, 2020 IP