1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook help please

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Yorksnproud, Oct 16, 2020.

Just to give a brief history, I started selling my artwork during the lockdown, created a website and a Facebook business page.
    I posted my art on a variety of Facebook groups which created a lot of interest and subsequent sales.
    In order to increase followers to my business page I be befriended most of the people who liked or commented to my posts. I currently have 4930 friends on my profile page 2230 who have liked my business page.
    My first question is what do I do when I reach the magical 5000?
    Can I un-friend? And who do I un-friend?
    Also, if I didn’t do this, how can I invite new people to my business page?
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank you

Yorksnproud, Oct 16, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to create space on your friend's list simply unfriend those who don't participate or return to the page.

The real question here I think is about inviting people to your business page. You don't have to send them a friend request to get them to your page. Just invite them to like the page. They can follow you without being on your friend's list.

JoeSpirit, Oct 16, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your only good option is facebook ads, unless you want to keep friending and unfriending people again and again.
    I think you could do much better business on twitter than facebook.
    My sales stats show that I get more sales from twitter than from fb, even though I was much more active on fb.
    For some reason people on fb are not as interested in shopping. They like, follow, comment, but rarely buy.

I have finally ditched fb last night, will focus more on twitter, and some other newer websites which are pulling interest of people.
    Might check fb messages once in a blue moon or something.

JEET, Oct 16, 2020 IP
  4. Yorksnproud

Yorksnproud Peon

Best Answers:

Yorksnproud, Oct 17, 2020 IP
  5. Yorksnproud

Yorksnproud Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply.
    That’s really interesting and I can go along with your comment about Facebook.
    I know nothing about Twitter but are prepared to learn.
    What line of business are you in? And do you have any examples of how you advertise on Twitter?

Yorksnproud, Oct 17, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  6. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't spent on paid ads on twitter either (yet), sales are from word of mouth, and my website links which others shared on twitter (using the tweet button on website)
    My product is an ebook, teaching how to trade in stock markets.

I was very active on fb, posting in groups, answering questions people asked in groups, pitching my ebook sometimes, maintaining my fb page etc etc.
    Still sales from fb are less than 0.5% of total sales yet.

I logged in to my twitter account last night I think, cannot remember when I logged in there before this (its been so long), still every now and then some sales come from twitter.
    All from those tweets which people did, shared a page from my website on twitter.

From Monday onwards, I will share tweets everyday, using same hashtags and content which I used on fb.

Back when I used to be active on twitter, goal being to increase followers, I used to target some specific known hashtags.
    This is like free advertising of your tweets.
    People use those hashtag pages to view what all is going on under that tag.
    They see your tweet, and if they like what you posted, they start following you.
    Try to have a URL of your website in every tweet you make like this.

There is no limit on how many people you can follow, just do not follow too many at once.
    Follow some 100 people on a day, then wait for a few days before going another 100.
    If you target people with specific interest (as yours), then there is a good chance that more than 50% to 60% will start following you back.

I looked into what twitter charges for advertisements, and twitter's advertising is very broad.
    You can choose when to pay.
    Pay only when someone follows, pay only when someone likes your tweet, etc etc.
    So even if 5000 people saw the tweet, but only 500 followed you, then you pay for those 500 only, even though your name/brand got seen by 5000.

JEET, Oct 17, 2020 IP
  7. EricWalker

EricWalker Peon

Best Answers:
    You can promote easily with that many friends. I think that you should go on Instagram because there is no limit of 5000. Instagram has more users now.

EricWalker, Oct 18, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.