1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Footer links in our Digital Point posts? Good or bad?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Jim4767, Oct 4, 2020.

I’ve read varying opinions on the value of (or harm of?) footer links in posts on forums such as Digital Point. I mean specifically putting a link to your own website at the bottom of your Digital Point posts. Does this have any SEO value? Is it simply worthless? Or is it harmful in the search engines’ eyes? I’m interested in informed opinions on this. Thanks.

Jim4767, Oct 4, 2020 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  2. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't specifically looked, but these post links are almost always No Followed, so no link juice is passed. Some point out the citation value. But this is actually my third SEO forum in the last 14 years. After the others closed down, though I had several hundred of posts on each site, I never noticed a ranking change for any of my listed sites.

Oso Optimized, Oct 4, 2020 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  3. zoink59

zoink59 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  4. digital_partners

digital_partners Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Backlinks from high authority websites/forums (like DigitalPonit) wiil be useful for your backlink juice. The raito of nofollow wiil be a good signal for natural links. :)

digital_partners, Oct 12, 2020 IP
  5. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    They will sure get you indexed and noticed. They make you visible in more than just search engines. Google Analytics data knows where people are coming from to gain access to your website - and it is not always going to be through Google that people get to your site. You may be low in google rankings but, you could be an uber user of awesome forum like Digital Point. That does get you presence on the world wide web. Which gets people and robots to begin crawling all over your interesting shared links. This tactic is not new and does hold credence. Forum links are accounted as OFF-PAGE SEO LINK TAGS for your website. Think about it!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    davilama2682, Oct 12, 2020 IP
  6. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I did a bit more research. Google Webmaster Guidelines says that the following hypothetical example would be considered an "unnatural link" that "may violate our guidelines":
    • Forum comments with optimized links in the post or signature, for example:
      Thanks, that’s great info!
      - Paul
      paul’s pizza san diego pizza best pizza san diego

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    Jim4767, Oct 12, 2020 IP
  7. digital_partners

digital_partners Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Also most of the forums do not want these kind of comments. You must give useful information to people on your blogs/forums. If a forum is an authority on its subjects, I think nofollow links from that forum are welcome for every search engines.

digital_partners, Oct 12, 2020 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Only logged in users can see the signatures on DP. Search engines can't crawl them.

qwikad.com, Oct 13, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  9. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah. A post like that is crap. I would flag that myself as spam. hehe. Good forum posts build the authority of the forum.
    If you buy the premium membership Digital Point opens your signature to guest viewers...

davilama2682, Oct 14, 2020 IP
  10. EdwardCheuvas

EdwardCheuvas Peon

Best Answers:
    I think, you right.

EdwardCheuvas, Oct 14, 2020 IP
  11. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I often browse DP on my cell phone and I don't recall ever seeing footer signatures. I wonder if they don't show on cell phones.

qwikad.com, Oct 15, 2020 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  12. Graggie

Graggie Peon

Best Answers:
    High authority websites/forums backlinks will be useful for your backlink juice.

Graggie, Oct 15, 2020 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  13. cdawson6887

cdawson6887 Member

Best Answers:
    Google used to index posts from forums that had a link. They don't do that anymore since the algorithm has changed. Is it worthless? No, it takes a few seconds to do and if you post on here or any other forum enough you will probably get clicks. Think of this way, once you make a post of comment on a forum post, it's their so whoever now goes to that post and sees it will see your link. Most posting and comment = more potential clicks.

cdawson6887, Nov 6, 2020 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  14. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    This. You should include a signature link if you feel that it will generate targeted traffic.

dcristo, Nov 12, 2020 IP
  15. tofarch

tofarch Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,

As you query that "Footer links in our Digital Point posts" Good or Bed?
    The footer links in our digital points posts are good. Here you get referral backlink for your products and services. But some times the web masters uses the footer link very frequently like spamming the post. That is bad idea. You should provide proper information and qualitative information to the query asked in the thread.

This is good habits for Webmasters.

With Thanks,

Tofarch Team

tofarch, Nov 16, 2020 IP