1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Old site, new error - but only for Chrome!

Discussion in 'Apache' started by sarahk, Sep 22, 2020.

I've got a site that's been running on the same shared server for years and years.

I made a benign change to a single file today and the entire site has crashed - but only if you're using chrome. Firefox and Edge have no access problems.

I've cleaned out my cookies etc and used a couple of different chrome profiles - one of which had never accessed the site before - and all have the problem.

Error Logs:
    2020-09-23 12:32:09 Error: [FatalErrorException] Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9559207 bytes)
    Request URL: /
    Code (markup):
    What could Chrome be sending the server that makes it play up like this?

Edit: Just worked out that Chrome has updated recently. Seemed ok earlier today but could be related.

FWIW other subdomains (running different code) on the same hosting account are running ok.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    sarahk, Sep 22, 2020 IP
  2. Rune Vox

Rune Vox Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Swich the browzer

Rune Vox, Sep 25, 2020 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Turned out it was a browser problem but odd that it was overcooking the server.

FWIW Switch the Browser might have been ok to tell your visitors in the '90s but it's not ok now.

sarahk, Sep 25, 2020 IP