1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating a website that I want to sell later

Discussion in 'General Business' started by PetraFs, Sep 11, 2020.

In what way can I actually make a website, that I would maybe resell sometimes later,so I would actually own the whole website's appearance?
    Could I do it through Wordpress? Since there are free themes available.
    Or would I actually have to code the whole website? (myself or hiring a web designer)?
    Can I just use a theme that I would completely customize?
    What is the best practice for creating and then selling the website?

PetraFs, Sep 11, 2020 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Most wp themes are under the GPL, which means you can do pretty much whatever you want with them. Also, if you're selling the domain name as well, make sure it's hosted with a hosting provider that allows domain name reselling (and transferring).

qwikad.com, Sep 11, 2020 IP
  3. IAmTheAnswer

IAmTheAnswer Member

Best Answers:
    Just make sure that you have an evergreen content and you should have a good domain name - easy to say, easy to spell and easy to remember!

IAmTheAnswer, Sep 14, 2020 IP
  4. NicoleW

NicoleW Member

Best Answers:
    You can use Wix as well. And agree with a previous post content and domain name, good tips

NicoleW, Sep 16, 2020 IP
  5. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've sold numerous Wordpress blogs in the past. No coding skills are necessary. But only websites that get a significant amount of traffic and are making money are worth anything. If that's the case you probably won't choose to sell your website because you'll make more in the long run just by holding onto it.

gregdavidson, Sep 20, 2020 IP
  6. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind the Theme/Niche of your website too. The Niche could require certain applications in implementation of the website design/functionality. It's not just about how the website looks. What topic are you going to be promoting on this website you want to sell? Is it something people are even going to want to buy in the future? Is the website something you can maintain/develop/market until you find a buyer? You could just buy the domain and park it - no need to develop it at all.

davilama2682, Sep 20, 2020 IP