1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I earn money from Blogging?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by DaveNS96, Aug 23, 2020.

Greetings,

I want to start a blog with subject of bodybuilding, but there is a lot of blogs with that subject. So I'm interested in your opinion should I do it?

On this link programiranje.rs/sta-je-blog it says that you can earn a lot through the blog selling ads and membership, I contacted them and they told me that they can make a blog for me for 90$, which I'll have to pay 30$ every year, so is it worth investing in something like that? Have any of you had experience with the blog before? How much time will it have to take to actually make money?

DaveNS96, Aug 23, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    lol, the website that told you that you can make lots of money wants to take your money first?

Take their advice and consider building your site on your own domain with your own hosting. There's tons of DIY information - you (probably) don't need them.

There are loads of "how to make money", "is this a good idea" threads in this forum. Do some reading before committing any real money. Write some articles and see how much you enjoy that process. example: Writing a blog about a topic you are not a complete expert in?

I know very little about bodybuilding but you'll need to have some expertise that goes beyond being a body builder. Are you a coach? a judge? a nutritionist? an event organiser? employed by a sporting equipment company? Do you have the insider gossip?

Write a business plan. Look at the other Serbian bodybuilding websites. What aren't they doing? Do you have the capacity to fill the gaps?

sarahk, Aug 23, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  3. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You dont need someone to build your blog .Just go to goddy and buy a domain then rent a house .so it will cost you : 10$ per year the domain and the host 5$ per month .If you search on youtube how to build a website you will find plenty of tutorials

Spartan14, Aug 24, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am thouroughly confused here. He needs to rent a house? What if he already rents a house? Or already owns a house? Are you suggesting that he needs ANOTHER house? Why can't he use the house he probably already owns or rents? Why would he need another house? If he needs another house, why buy the domain first? Why not rent the house first?

mmerlinn, Aug 24, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well of course, there is nothing quite as tragic as a homeless Serbian bodybuilder.:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Aug 24, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  6. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry my friends sometimes it happens to do this type of mistakes

Spartan14, Aug 25, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  7. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    To err is human, to forgive divine. By the power invested in me by DP, you are hereby forgiven.:)* I really don't have any power;)

Spoiltdiva, Aug 25, 2020 IP
  8. Rumorth

Rumorth Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they just want to make money on you, not help you make money:)

Rumorth, Aug 26, 2020 IP
  9. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @DaveNS96
    $90 to make a blog, and $30 for yearly hosting is pretty reasonable if you yourself do not know anything about making a blog.
    Basically, they will give you a wordpress install, (most hosting providers have a 1 click installer in member area for this)

I am not sure, but I think they will also install a "free wordpress theme" for you. This is pretty easy from what I hear. You can do it from admin area of your wordpress install.
    They might also do a logo for your blog.
    Am not sure if these 2 things are included in $90 cost they mentioned. Ask them before paying.

If these are included, this is very reasonable cost.

About going in bodybuilding niche,
    it is very very heavily saturated.
    There is a very good chance that your blog will never show up on first page of google search results, let alone top the search.
    Forget about getting free visitors from search engines in this niche. This is almost a given.
    Every now and then, some small amount of visitors will come from search engines, but don't count on it.

So, any substantial visitors you will get, they will come from your marketing efforts. Paid or free marketing. Mostly on social sites like facebook, twitter, or advertisements like on google ads.
    If you are low on budget, then you will have to stick to hard manual work on social sites to promote your blog.
    Prepare for very hard work.

Finally,
    whoever told you that you can make tons of money from a blog, they lied to you.
    There is money in blogging, but it needs lots and lots and lots and lots of hard work.

The thing is,
    Nobody buys ads on blogs which have low number of visitors,
    and like I already mentioned, to get lots of visitors,
    you will have to spend a lot on marketing first.

About member area, am not sure if your selected niche qualifies for that.
    People subscribe to member area sections on "dating" type websites, where they access certain paid sections on a regular basis.
    Or like on NEWS websites, or something of that sort, where something "new" is available every now and then.

What "new" thing will you offer on a bodybuilding blog every month?
    All you can do is post some videos of someone working out, which become obselete after one view.
    Nobody pays next month again to watch those same videos again...
    By the way, anybody who goes to a gym for a week, they know how to do all those different kind of exercises anyways.

Plus, there is already so much free information available on bodybuilding all over the web.
    Am not even sure why anyone will pay in this niche, unless they are paying for supplements...
    Workout videos of Dorean, Phil, Jay Cutler, Arnold, Ronnie, Franko, these are available all over the web for free...

Think of some other niche buddy. This is just a fun niche for newbes, for someone who has a passion for bodybuilding, and wants to showoff his own muscle pictures on his blog!
    Or if you are one of those big Mr.Olympia names, and have a huge fan following!

JEET, Aug 27, 2020 IP
    sarahk and mmerlinn like this.
  10. DaveNS96

DaveNS96 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks people for good advice, especially to user JETT.

I'll make something about bb, with only natural substances and something never seen before... :)
    Free books, video training and other marketing material first few months.
    Yes I'll give them 90$ and see where it goes (my friend recommended me this, he made 310 = 130$ first month which is pretty good, but he spent almost almost 10h in marketing.
    I'll keep you all in touch how things are going and all the help I can give.

Site will be on Eng. so when it's done in maybe 15-20 days, I'll expect comments :)

DaveNS96, Aug 28, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  11. David Emmett

David Emmett Peon

Best Answers:
    Why Not. Anyone can make money from Blogging. You just have to research it properly. You need to take your time and impediment all the things on your website that are necessary.

David Emmett, Aug 28, 2020 IP
  12. DaveNS96

DaveNS96 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They also offered me a job.

Do any of you need a website for a price of 80€/85$ with free hosting and domain first year.

They also told me they make free websites for people with great ideas.

Contact me: FOR MORE INFORMATION.

I believe in site programiranje.rs because I have many friends which made good money using their services. Best of all they are very cheap so if---doesn't succeed--- which I think I will, it is not too much money so I don't care that much. But I am interested into blogging so I will do my best to succeed. Thanks very much for support, I needed it. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2020
    DaveNS96, Aug 28, 2020 IP
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    oh ffs, so they're scammers getting people to post pretending to have real questions when they just want to promote themselves.

Get a real job and stay as far away from programiranje.rs as possible.

but before you go, tell them that Google will be indexing this post and they'll be ruing the day they decided on this promotional strategy.

sarahk, Aug 28, 2020 IP
  14. DaveNS96

DaveNS96 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, they are not scammers, I am just a client to them, they offered to give me % $ of every client I find (they make that offer to everyone). Why would they promote a website which is not in English?

I have a real job, I want to make a blog to be my secondary job.

You want to tell me that I can't promote my blog on forums?

DaveNS96, Aug 29, 2020 IP
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So they offered you a job which is really just to be part of their affiliate program?
    None of this is adding up

sarahk, Aug 29, 2020 IP
  16. DaveNS96

DaveNS96 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I'm not very good at English

DaveNS96, Aug 29, 2020 IP
  17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Your English is fine, you're just being taken for a ride.

sarahk, Aug 29, 2020 IP
  18. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    of cuz you can make money, you offer good content and nice video to teach PPL, even you can start a Youtube channel.

enous, Sep 5, 2020 IP
  19. wildogre

wildogre Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Build your blog yourself rather than relying on others for this task.

wildogre, Sep 6, 2020 IP
  20. jijigren

jijigren Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Learn to build the blog yourself. There are tons of tutorial on how you can do it. Get a reliable hosting service for your website.
    Monetization can be in many ways, like adsense and affiliate commission.

jijigren, Sep 7, 2020 IP