1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Server side tracking?

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by TwistMetrics, Aug 26, 2020.

I'm in the process of gaining feedback for an app I'm potentially building. I've built a proof of concept that tracks traffic using the access logs from my Nginx server.

Is server side tracking something people have thought about before? Is it something that is potentially appealing? Is Live tracking (like in Google Analytics) something people would miss?

For me, it's come down to the issue of ad blockers and other browsers blocking a lot of JS-based widgets that prompted me to look at this as a solution but just wondered whether it was something that bothered other people or not?

TwistMetrics, Aug 26, 2020 IP
    RickM likes this.
  2. intohost

intohost Peon

Best Answers:
    If I am not wrong, there already exist such apps that analyze access logs. AWStats, GoAccess etc. Piwik used to do that, now I think they have also moved to the onsite tracking as Matomo.

Regarding the realtime stats, sites with a large amounts of traffic won't find but for new sites it is helpful.

HTH

intohost, Aug 27, 2020 IP