1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Writing a blog about a topic you are not a complete expert in?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by PetraFs, Aug 23, 2020.

The term "expert" can be wide, but, what do you honestly think, how much "expertise" is necessary in a certain topic for you to run a blog or website about it?
    How much previous knowledge do you need to have? Is it a good idea too learn a long the way, and do your research while you already start?
    If you start a blog, for example, and start writing a certain article, but you don't know EVERYTHING about the topic and need to do some research to get enough quality for your posts

PetraFs, Aug 23, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It really depends on the niche.
    If your blog is going to be about restoring classic American cars then you're going to need considerable expertise if you want to be taken seriously by enthusiasts.
    on the other hand
    If your blog is about classic American cars and their owners then you just need great interviewing and photography skills

Can you see the difference? While the topic might be the cars, the niche is actually different.

The same will apply to tech, medicine, health, craft etc.
    A blog is a timeline, not an encyclopedia. If you're not discovering new things then you're not passionate about your topic.

sarahk, Aug 23, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and JEET like this.
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    NO one will EVER know EVERYTHING about ANY topic. So, jump in, get your feet wet, and learn as you blog.

mmerlinn, Aug 23, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and JEET like this.
  4. Md Raihan

Md Raihan Peon

Best Answers:
    No one can claim that he is 100% expert in any specific sector. No matter how long he has been working in that role.
    So, if you want to make blog in any specific topic, you should not necessarily be expert. But you have to occupy basic understanding of your desired topic. I use to write blog. Before start writing on a topic, I searched on google a lot of related content and try to get an idea from those article. Then I use my own knowledge and acquired idea from google to write a content or article. You can try this method.
    Thank you.

Md Raihan, Aug 26, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So many questions within your question.

Like @sarahk said, it depends on niche
    Some niche will not require you to have any kind of expertise, will just require a good writing style that can engage readers.
    For example, TV show / movie review niche.
    You simply have to watch the movie, or a TV show and write your opinions about it.
    Nobody can question you. Its all your personal opinion. No expertise needed.

Then there are some niche where you must know a lot about the working of things before doing anything.
    Like if you are teaching music on your blog, via videos etc.
    You need to know a lot yourself.

Then there are more serious niche,, like medical advice

What do you want to blog about?

Personally in my opinion, its already difficult to write a blog about the subject you are good at,
    because of the frequency of posting alone,
    on top of that if you are deciding to start a blog where you do not know much, then its pretty much going nowhere anytime soon.
    You can keep a log of everything you are yourself learning and hope that someone else will also find it useful...
    But even here, you will need some kind of passion to learn about that niche.
    Generally, the passion fades away in a couple of months, and now you got a 20 page blog just sitting there, not knowing what to do with it.

JEET, Aug 26, 2020 IP
  6. mariopepper

mariopepper Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have business, but I can't say for sure I am an expert in it. Yes, I have enough knowledge to provide some service but I also try to improve my skills every day. That's the key

mariopepper, Aug 29, 2020 IP
  7. miniexpert

miniexpert Peon

Best Answers:
    like mariopepper one needs to improve their knowledge. I also ask experts to help or comment my posts where I lack of knowledge

miniexpert, Aug 30, 2020 IP