1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

We have a lot still to do but would like some feedback

Discussion in 'Websites' started by MichaelAaronTaylor, Aug 6, 2020.

We have a lot still to do but we would like some feedback.

This is a Divi theme on WordPress.

We have a dedicated IP and a good server that has 64 RAM, 4 cores, SSD, as well.

We have not done server speed up work yet either.

We have not finished with our pricing tables yet as some are listed but not current but that is next on our list.

We have some really great tools installed on the backend and some ready to go live on the front end as well but have not finished those yet either.

Still we would love some feedback please? :)

THANKS!!!!

https://platinumpassportsmarketing.com

MichaelAaronTaylor, Aug 6, 2020 IP
  2. bizjam55

bizjam55 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Michael, site looks nice and your services seem impressive!

I can tell you've put a lot of effort and work into Platinum Passports Marketing and your website is certainly very comprehensive.

The shop is very cool since it allows customers to pay you directly via your website.

Few suggestions/feedback for you:
    • Make menu text white so more readable
    • Be more consistent with colors
    • The logos here look a bit squished - https://prnt.sc/tw1j0y
    • When I click on new pages, site looks broken very briefly. I'm using laptop, firefox browser, windows 10.
    • Consider adding live chat plugin like tawk or tidio.
    Hope this helps you!

Cheers,
    Eric from NY

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    bizjam55, Aug 7, 2020 IP
    MichaelAaronTaylor likes this.
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You'll need it given what a bloated wreck you have.

Why did you say that twice? You more than said that when you said you were using turdpress, much less the shite off the self disaster for it that is DIVI.

First impression is a complete failure to meet accessibility minimums.

Light blue text on medium blue, light cyan and white on cyan, white on far too light a green, dark cyan on dark blue, white on light olive, etc, etc. Whoever is choosing the colours knows nothing about choosing colours for websites.

I suggest checking your colour choices against a tool like the one at WebAim.

https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/

Treating AAA normal as minimum for ALL text because you're using the goofy equally illegible "Roboto Light" webfont.

Which brings us to our next point, the goofy illegible thin-glyph webfont that tells large swaths of users to go **** themselves. Fonts with thin bars and slabs like that equally take a dump on the page, telling many users to sod off. This likely means there is NO choice of colours that could truly result in page legibility on anything but crApple computers.

I recognize that particular steaming pile a mile away. One of the worst fonts you can choose to use on a website.

The ATTEMPT at being responsive is utterly broken, in a manner that before I even look at the code reeks of a willy-nilly mixing of % and pixels. As a large font (20px) or even larger (32px on my media center) user the only way for pages to be properly accessibile is if EVERYTHING is measured in EM. Again -- without even looking at the code -- I'd say some know-nothing unqualified to build websites went and said "font-size:14px" on BODY whislt other things are not pixel based, and that the media queries have likely also been slopped out in PX measurements.

It is the train wreck of "eye cans haz teh intarwebs" mental midgetry that is DIVI after all.

Keyboard navigation also seems to be banjaxed, likely from non-semantic markup in the form of gibberish use of numbered headings, something easily confirmed by pulling up a document outline in the "web developer toolbar" extension.

[​IMG]

Being proof positive the folks who made DIVI have ZERO flipping business making off the shelf templates.

Making it an even bigger wreck than what you had back in February, and making it highly questionable your qualifications to even have a website on this topic.

Popping the bonnet to look at the s***show underneath, it's entirely what I expect from idiocy like turdpress and DIVI.

Static style in the markup, static scripting in the markup, no separation of concerns, endless pointles DIV for nothing, endless pointless classes for nothing, presentational classes, redundant title tags, incomplete/non-semantic markup, gibberish heading orders, run-on sentences masquerading as menus due to a lock of block level containers...

And what seems to be some sort of blocking behavior on the page-load, which is why it takes >30 seconds for it to load here thanks to the 47 separate files. Going hand in hand with the 4.5 megabytes of junk it's wasting time on.

That the markup alone is 84k minified for 5.8k of plaintext and around a dozen content images -- not even 12k of HTML without minification's flipping job -- speaks volumes of how poorly coded it is, and this bloat scales across the board. The sheer absurdity of 1.35 megabytes of CSS when there's little reason for any legitimate website to have more than 48k of it, and the batshit nutters 2.32 megabytes of JavaScript when the site -- even retaining the goofy animated crap that tops the list of what I'd swing the axe at -- probably doesn't need more than 64k of scripting?

If someone brought that to me as a client, I'd tell them the entire thing needs to be tossed in the trash and started over. It fails at accessibility, usability, efficiency, and sustainability. It most likely also took eight times longer to develop, is eight times harder for anyone else to come in and fix/work on, and in general reeks of an ignorance of the most basic of site development practices.

But... well... that's turdpress and DIVI for you.

Comedy gold given the subject matter of said site, where if this is typical of what you provide to "clients" you're nothing but a fly-by-night scam artist. IF this is what you come up with, you have NO business talking about web design, web marketing, or web development, much less offering site-building as one of your services.

deathshadow, Aug 8, 2020 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  4. R.G. Ramsey

R.G. Ramsey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Michael
    Your website looks professionally done, and easy to use to me. I would think you were a reputable service to use if I were looking for help with SEO, and website design. Good luck with your business.

R.G. Ramsey, Aug 19, 2020 IP
    MichaelAaronTaylor likes this.
  5. MichaelAaronTaylor

MichaelAaronTaylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Eric,

I know it is not a full custom site but we have put a lot of time trying to convert 200+ pages/ posts into Divi and of course we are not yet done.

Thanks for your feedback Sir. :)

MichaelAaronTaylor, Aug 26, 2020 IP
  6. MichaelAaronTaylor

Best Answers:
    Thank you! :)

7. MichaelAaronTaylor

Best Answers:
    Well as I said we are not yet done but thanks anyways for all the time spend reviewing and insulting. Clearly you needed something to do with your time lol, you're welcome. ;-)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  8. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I'm an accessibility and efficiency consultant; I can write breakdowns like that in my sleep. In fact, given I don't even remember this one, I may have in fact written it whilst sleeping.

Non-24, it's a hell of a thing to deal with.

deathshadow, Aug 26, 2020 IP