1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I believe Introductions is the BEST section for this topic.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Al Smith, Aug 5, 2020.

Hello Digitalpoint! I'm Al from England. I was heavily involved in the forum scene during the glory days of vBulletin 3.7 and 3.8. Lost my way after that but I have had some time on my hands recently and figured I'd get those hands dirty - in a digital way - once more.

My day job is hectic and keeps me on my toes. I like to chill out by building communities which people tend to not bother joining. And therein lies the rub; how to get an active forum community off the ground in the days of Reddit, Facebook and Twitter. Not an easy task.

I have a couple of forums I've been working on for the last month and a personal blog I have updated on and off since 2005. I'm hoping the good folks of digitalpoint can assist me in my digital dreams!

Al Smith, Aug 5, 2020 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So you are a ballet dancer? Well you can pirouette and twirl all you want here at DP, welcome aboard.:D

Spoiltdiva, Aug 5, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  3. Al Smith

Al Smith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I wish I had the grace and finesse to dance. I'm more bull in china shop than swan in a lake.

Al Smith, Aug 5, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  4. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome at DP.
    Means you are managing a well reputed blog site since long time .... Share with us what you did to get good position and traffics for your blog because this is internet marketing experts forum so you can or we can learn more tricks for promotion online ....... same for your forums also.

seomanualsubmission, Aug 5, 2020 IP
  5. Al Smith

Al Smith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think I did anything. I've just bimbled along and hoped for the best. Its a personal blog without any real aim or target. I haven't concerned myself with search engine rankings for it.

Al Smith, Aug 6, 2020 IP
  6. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Unless the forum is about a product, like a support forum, its very difficult to get it up and running these days.

And you will need tons of content on it, like hundreds and thousands of pages.
    This is when SEO will kick in, and you can expect some new people finding your website via search engines, joining and posting their content.

JEET, Aug 7, 2020 IP