1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Having trouble staying in shape as a busy professional?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Gabriel Cabello, Apr 5, 2020.

Hey everyone! Since I’m new here I am currently trying to find out how one could make the lives of busy professionals such as yourselves a lot easier ;)

Which is why I have two very simple questions:

1. As an entrepreneur, I’m wondering if you are having trouble staying in shape? And if so what are the 2 biggest issues that are preventing you from staying in shape?

2. Regarding staying in shape, what would you wish for more than anything else to be able to get into shape or back into it?

Thanks so much in advance. You can also directly message me as well if you are not comfortable putting it in the comments section - looking forward to reading your answers!

Gabriel Cabello, Apr 5, 2020 IP
  2. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well eating heealthy ,going to gym but as now its closed then you need to find a way to make some move ,in your house maybe ,meditation ,music etc

Spartan14, Apr 5, 2020 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    1. separated bike lines that allow a decently paced 40k or 80k bike ride - up the side of an intercity highway would do the trick nicely
    2. off-leash paths that allow a 15k run. Most off-leash areas are limited in scope and only suitable for the dog to exercise and not both of you.

sarahk, Apr 5, 2020 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    OMG, do I not need anything like that, whatsoever. I can barely drive a car those distances without needing to stop for a sandwich. :)

How about developing a great tasting, chewable treat or confection with good mouth feel that has zero calories? If I could pop such a snack any time I wanted without gaining any weight, whatsoever, it would be a wonderful thing!

jrbiz, Apr 5, 2020 IP
    qwikad.com and JEET like this.
  5. Gabriel Cabello

Gabriel Cabello Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys! I want to give back to the community so in short I have experience with fitness and I know a lot of professionals in their field are not able to stay fit or even to get the ball rolling. My question to you is: What is the biggest issue/issues that you are dealing with that are preventing you from working out/living a healthier lifestyle? I will give advice, based on my personal experience with fitness and living a busy lifestyle, on what to do if I were in your shoes and what can help. We can also discuss and debate on what is good and bad based on your lifestyle and needs. I’ll be replying in the comments and you can also message me personally if you are not comfortable talking publicly about it. Thanks! Can’t wait to see your responses!

Gabriel Cabello, Apr 7, 2020 IP
  6. Benjamin Scott

Benjamin Scott Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am personally doing pretty good with my efforts but I believe one of the biggest challenges is finding something that is sustainable in the long run. People go on diets that make them lose weight but they may not feel well or are unhappy following it. A lot of things work for appearing to be in shape. However, finding a system or adjusting your life to something that is sustainable in the long run is the biggest challenge. There is no point in losing a couple of pounds in a week or month if it's not something that you can sustain in the long term.

Benjamin Scott, Apr 10, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  7. Gabriel Cabello

Gabriel Cabello Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello everyone! love being in the group and getting to know people in here!

I hope it is allowed to ask:

I know that many busy professionals/entrepreneurs are struggling with losing weight. I’m building a small business as a consultant helping people with exactly that so I’m wondering, for all those that are struggling with getting fit and staying in shape, what are the biggest stepping stones you’ve encountered? Also, what keeps you from getting started / What bothers you the most about it?

PS: Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, I’m doing more research on this to better improve people’s health and well being and seeing where they are coming from. Can’t wait to hear back from all of you!

Feel free to send me a message if you are not comfortable leaving your statements in the comments. Also feel free to place your inputs in the comments below!

Gabriel Cabello, May 24, 2020 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sarahk, May 24, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  9. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No problem staying in shape whatsoever. My skin and skeleton makes sure I don't change shape from a human to say a dog, or a cat, or something else.

More than anything I want my skin and skeleton to keep me in shape. Sure don't want to lose my shape and wake up as a dog some day.

mmerlinn, May 24, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and JEET like this.
  10. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @jrbiz
    I had the same reaction when @sarahk wrote "15k run"!!! I almost fainted "just imagining" myself doing that! LOL

JEET, May 24, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and sarahk like this.
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm not so sure that would be a bad thing so long as I got the basic responsibilities of an urban dog, like doorbell duties, lap warmer, and the luxuries of a secure home, regular feeding, lots of walks.

sarahk, May 24, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  12. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The only people fail at keeping up with fitness goals are those who struggle with creating a plan, self-disclipline, and time management...

NetStar, May 26, 2020 IP
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    or two jobs
    or dependant kids
    or dependant kids and dependant parents
    or a job and academic study
    or injured
    or coping with domestic violence

plus adhd is a thing and adults over 30 are likely to be undiagnosed or conned that they should have grown out of it and therefore don't get support

sarahk, May 26, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  14. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    But, but, but, sarah, most people with those problems do not have time to eat so keeping their shape should not be a problem. LOL.

mmerlinn, May 26, 2020 IP
    sarahk and JEET like this.
  15. dollorphanage

dollorphanage Member

Best Answers:
    I have no trouble staying in shape at all. Not even with the current virus pandemic.

I used to do powerlifting, boxing and bodybuilding in the gym before the lockdown closed everything.

Now I just do pushups, shadow boxing, burpees, pullups, chinups, running up stairs and that's all I need to do to maintain my muscle mass and condition.

I always eat healthy, so that's not really a problem either.

dollorphanage, May 27, 2020 IP
  16. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No. Anyone can make smarter decisions in what they eat which will not take up any more time than a normal day. Anyone can wake up 20 minutes earlier for a 15 minute run.

NetStar, May 30, 2020 IP
  17. MelanyB

MelanyB Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that people follow diets that make them lose weight, but they may not feel good or unhappy after that. Finding a safe system to keep the line is not an easy matter.

MelanyB, May 31, 2020 IP
  18. Ayoub benali01

Ayoub benali01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Not at all I'm striving for my goals everyday, I literally never stop doing something (except a 2 hour break with a friend a day). If you make exercising a daily task that you should do along your long "To do List", lets say 30 min a day, you'll find yourself exercised for a total of 3.5 hours a week, which is 14 hours a month, this is not bad for a start!

Ayoub benali01, Jul 25, 2020 IP
  19. AndyAnderson/19661015

AndyAnderson/19661015 Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of us struggle with making time for exercise from time to time. When your inbox is out of control, your boss wants to schedule another 6 p.m. meeting, your kids need to be bathed, fed, and chauffeured around, and you haven’t had a full conversation with your significant other in weeks – that’s when your run, spin class, or date with your yoga mat is probably the first thing to get scrapped from your daily to-do list.

But it’s exactly during those times, when you feel like you’re running out of time (instead of, for example, running), your workout becomes more important than ever. Not just if you’re working toward a goal or training for a race, but because even 20 minutes of physical activity can drastically improve your mood, mindset, and overall well-being. (And that’s good for you, your boss, your kids, and your significant other.)

So how to make time for exercise when life feels crazy? Here are nine ways to keep your workouts in the rotation, no matter how busy you are:)

AndyAnderson/19661015, Aug 6, 2020 IP
  20. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    Looks like you worked yourself to death even before getting to the nine ways. Proof positive over-exercising and over-working will short circuit your road to fame and fortune on DP.

mmerlinn, Aug 6, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.