1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Add-On Domains and Privacy

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by CactusWren, Jul 31, 2020.

Is the main site account of an Add-On Domain visible in any way? For example, my site: https://bonafidebankruptcy.com/ is an Add-On Domain, but I don't want random people to know that. Do I need to get a different level of hosting or do anything else to keep it separate?

CactusWren, Jul 31, 2020 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Aug 1, 2020 IP
  3. CactusWren

CactusWren Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All of that info is fine to be public. What I'm concerned about is the site being identified or associated with my siteground account site, which is a music-related site. I don't want them to be publicly connected.

CactusWren, Aug 1, 2020 IP
  4. knewedge

knewedge Active Member

Best Answers:
    A DNS Lookup would show them on the same IP Address. If you changed your Addon domain to a separate cPanel account then you could have a dedicated IP assigned to it to help further separate it. But, other than that an addon domain appears as separate as any other account on a shared host. It's essentially just another VHost entry, and the document root it's pointing to wouldn't be publicly available.

knewedge, Sep 8, 2020 IP