1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do sites like ImportYeti allow you to see your competitor's suppliers? It's so cool but it seem

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Terick8, Jul 15, 2020.

Hi All

I'm new here and also just getting started as an Amazon FBA seller. I found a free tool while browsing Reddit called ImportYeti that allows me to see the suppliers for my competitors.
    Any ideas on how tools like this get their data? It seems too good to be true.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    Terick8, Jul 15, 2020 IP
  2. ImMando

ImMando Peon

Best Answers:
    This is really cool. Thanks for sharing this.

I have no idea how they get their data.

I found the supplier for Rep Fitness (one of my biggest competitors) but for the life of me can't find how to contact one of their suppliers:

https://www.importyeti.com/supplier/jiangsu-fortune-land-group

Any ideas?

ImMando, Jul 17, 2020 IP
  3. Terick8

Terick8 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no idea how to find that company. I've been struggling with the same thing for a few vendors. I found another site called PortExaminer that is similar and they mention they get their data straight from the government

Terick8, Jul 28, 2020 IP
  4. ImMando

ImMando Peon

Best Answers:
    I found a quora thread where they essentially say you can request the information straight from the government so I think you're right. The thread mentioned 1/2 dozen other tools that do this although they charge a but load. I wonder how hard it is to request the data?

I've had some good luck finding lot's of other vendors. That one is still super challenging though.

ImMando, Jul 31, 2020 IP
  5. Terick8

Terick8 Peon

Best Answers:
    I did a little bit of research and it's super difficult to get this information. Can you please share some of the quora threads you referred to in your post? Thanks, mate

Terick8, Aug 10, 2020 IP