1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property '_injectGrid' of undefined or null reference

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by BasuNeel, Jul 20, 2020.

Grid is not loading on upgrading jquery from 1.8.3 to 3.5.1 Failing with the error just before loading grid :: JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property '_injectGrid' of undefined or null reference.
    Require some help on getting this resolved. Tried using jquery,migrate as well but it did not work

BasuNeel, Jul 20, 2020 IP
  2. iago111

iago111 Member

Best Answers:
    Could you post some code?

iago111, Jul 23, 2020 IP
  3. BasuNeel

BasuNeel Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes sure thanks for the response. Here is the Layout.cshtml for the page.
    <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8" http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE11" />
    <title>@ViewBag.Title</title>
    <link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/themes/metro/infragistics.theme.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/structure/infragistics.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/Site.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/jquery.multiselect.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    @*<link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/Dashboard_Status_Filter.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />*@
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery-3.4.1.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery-ui-1.12.1.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/knockout-3.5.1.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery.unobtrusive-ajax.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery.tmpl.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/modernizr-2.8.3.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/ig/modules/infragistics.util.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/ig/infragistics.loader.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/Site.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    </head>

Error occurring in infragistics.grid.framework in this line :

this.element.data(widget)._injectGrid(this)},_initFeatureSettings:function(featureObject){i ,...
    I see some dependencies on
    * infragistics.dataSource.js
    * infragistics.ui.shared.js
    * infragistics.util.js mentioned in the page

Grid is not loading with the following html layout order. Please help me out if possible thanks

BasuNeel, Jul 27, 2020 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well I'd say your problem is an inability to "keep it in your pants" when it comes to these derpy garbage frameworks, since I'd sooner suck the business end of a high velocity chemical propelled lead pellet projector than have that many separate scripts and stylesheets. That's what, 8 to 20 seconds of first-load overhead alone? And that's BEFORE we talk their being blocking scripts due to being placed in HEAD, the decade out of date attributes, the X-UA rubbish that's an indicator the markup AND scripting is garbage...

Yet even with all this, you've not shown any code that ACTUALLY seems to be your problem.

Honestly, it looks like you need to deep six the entire site and start over from scratch, but that's a common problem when you use the "Monuments to developer ignorance, incompetence, and ineptitude that are HTML / CSS / JS frameworks". I'd link to my article on that, but Xenforo's dipshit post/link parser is shite.

I shudder to think what a walking-talking WCAG violation that site is with the derpy jQuery UI bull and infragristics crap telling users with accessibility needs to go plow themselves. Hope that's not for a real business since it's now open season on inaccessible websites..

As to your immediate problem, I'd have to see the real site live to even try to figure out where that's going wrong... though really, just put it down like Old Yeller and start over without the bloated framework idiocy.

deathshadow, Jul 29, 2020 IP