1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips for pitching an influencer to be the face of your product?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Josh L, Jul 12, 2020.

Hey guys, in short, I'm looking to create a brand based on an influencer's personality, this person is a WWE superstar, think Hulk Hogan level.

I've got the number for his management, how would I pitch this idea? Essentially, I'd be using this person's likeness and wrestler name, to help sell the product and hoping to have them do short-form IG/FB ads, posting it on their social.

I would offer a profit-sharing situation, I assume? 70/30? How would I bring that up?

Do you think the WWE own's the wrestlers name and would also cause a second layer of problems?

Josh L, Jul 12, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You don't offer them anything.
    You talk to his management and ask what the fees are for hiring this person. They'll have a rate card they can send you.
    They may have exclusivity clauses in other contracts that prevent them from promoting related brands - you may not feel your brand is related, they may.
    Even if you agree to their fee structure if they don't believe in you or they don't believe in your product they'll pass on the opportunity.

sarahk, Jul 12, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @sarahk has hit the main points in this situation. You need to have a solid sales pitch and if it is a product, a sample prototype or something similar that they can use as part of their decision-making process. If you go to these guys too early, they will shy away from possibly hurting their brand and ruining all the other revenues that they are currently getting from other sponsors. Your biggest issue to overcome with them is that very risk; everyone will take more money if there is no risk. But your start-up will have to convince them that you are not a risk to their brand.

jrbiz, Jul 14, 2020 IP
  4. srarlievs1122

srarlievs1122 Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll be jumping through a ton of hoops for this one... WWE typically has a solid hold on its performers, even their side hustles... All you can do is contact management of the organization and find out their requirements for setting up a meeting for product promotions.

srarlievs1122, Jul 17, 2020 IP
  5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    1. What's your product and does it appeal to the wrestling community? If not, you may want to rethink this...

2. Hulk Hogan is so old and dated anyone of that era who is not Hulk Hogan wouldn't be well known to the masses today. In fact, even if Hulk Hogan was signing autographs at your local mall it would probably only get committed WWE fans. Is that your audience for your product?

3. Influences and/or their managers are way more interested in the quick buck and would most likely turn down your ridiculous revenue share model. It's not the first time someone tried too sucker them with that. I say sucker because if you had the $$$ you would NOT give up a percentage of revenue....... Get smart... they won't bother unless it's upfront money.

NetStar, Jul 17, 2020 IP