1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Feb 1, 2020.

1. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I heard a joke about a jewelry store owner who went out of business. He forgot to remove the door sign that said "Wearing masks and/or hoodies is not allowed on these premises".

qwikad.com, Jul 10, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I actually had an appointment at a bank and walked in masked...I couldn't help but wonder how many robberies are going to happen as more and more businesses open up. Real easy to do a masked, armed robbery now.

jrbiz, Jul 10, 2020 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I for one am sick and tired of when some people laugh at me when I wear my tinfoil hat.:mad: We tinfoil hatters have feelings! SILVER LIVES MATTER!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    Spoiltdiva, Jul 10, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. Aelko

Aelko Member

Best Answers:
    70 research papers on efficacy of masks:
    https://threader.app/thread/1279144399897866248

Aelko, Jul 10, 2020 IP
  5. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The better a mask does its job, the more likely the wearer will suffocate.

mmerlinn, Jul 10, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, as predicted (and mentioned in this thread) previously, the chickens are starting to come home to roost. Here is a new study by Oxfam:

12,000 people per day could die from Covid-19 linked hunger by end of year, potentially more than the disease, warns Oxfam

https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-releases/12000-people-day-could-die-covid-19-linked-hunger-end-year-potentially-more-disease

Of course, the FakeNews/Democrats/Swamp could not care less. The shutdown is not about saving lives, unless you are talking about their lives of privilege and power that Trump has seriously threatened the past 3.5 years.

jrbiz, Jul 10, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  7. Aelko

Aelko Member

Best Answers:
    Dozens of Mississippi lawmakers have coronavirus after weeks of refusing to wear masks:
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/10/us/mississippi-coronavirus-legislature-trnd/index.html

Aelko, Jul 10, 2020 IP
  8. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    The sooner we all get this, the fewer deaths, and the sooner we can get on with life.

Fact #1 - The spread CANNOT be stopped short of killing EVERYONE.
    Fact #2 - The older one is, the MORE likely one will succumb.
    Fact #3 - The longer one waits to get it, the older one is, therefore the death rate will be HIGHER.

mmerlinn, Jul 10, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. Aelko

Aelko Member

Best Answers:
    Pathologist found blood clots in 'almost every organ' during autopsies on Covid-19 patients
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/10/health/what-coronavirus-autopsies-reveal/index.html

Aelko, Jul 10, 2020 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have been meaning to write a post on this issue and your post has prompted me to do so. Here is the deal: what is on display with this virus are evil folks with ulterior motives playing on the ignorance and, in fact, hubris of otherwise good people. What I mean is that this virus, like all other new viruses, is going to run its course. That is how Nature works. We humans have little recourse about this, except that we can slightly delay its impact (not diminish or stop it; just slow it down a little aka flattening the curve.) We have no vaccine or cure and, even if one comes out in late 2020 or early 2021, its effectiveness will likely be like most other flu vaccines in that it will help some but not be a total "cure." Therefore, the virus is going to infect the people it is going to infect and it is going to hospitalize and/or kill those folks who happen to be predisposed to succumbing to its effects, no matter the masks and social distancing and other nonsense we are going through now in the vain hope that we can control Nature. We can't, so get over it.

In effect, all that we have done is slow it down a bit and have launched a ton of unintended (not for the evil ones who knowingly caused them) consequences, like people dying of heart attacks or strokes at home instead of going to the ER, people starving all over the world, etc.; if we think that we can stay in shutdown until a magical cure is found in 6 or 9 months or longer, we are simply fooling ourselves and we likely will be killing more people with the shutdown than the virus will ever kill. Quite honestly, it might have been better to just let it runs its course without precautions (as we did with the Swine Flu, SAR, MERS, etc.) and it would probably be over by now. Think about that and the mess we are in now because of the panic and fear that has been hyped for political purposes.

Anecdotes from doctors and other health professionals with political agendas about clots, other ravages of the disease, etc., are simply fodder for the sheeple to keep them in their caves. One question that this brings to mind: have we reached the tipping point where the low-information sheeple and the greedy takers outnumber independent thinkers and the makers of the world? Here in the U.S., we will get one answer to this question in November.

jrbiz, Jul 11, 2020 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Careful everyone, there are Russian operatives who have ingratiated/established themselves on this site. Their sole agenda is to sow dissension and discord among all the American members on here. But I am not concerned as I have the anti commissar model tinfoil hat.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jul 11, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    We have a growth market for that specific tinfoil hat model in Venezuela...

jrbiz, Jul 11, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  13. Aelko

Aelko Member

Best Answers:
    30-year-old dies after Texas 'COVID party,' thought coronavirus was a hoax

"He thought he was young and he was invincible and wouldn't get affected ... One of the things that was heart-wrenching that he said to his nurse was, 'I think I made a mistake,'" she said.

https://abc7ny.com/covid-party-19-death-coronavirus/6312899/

On Friday, Texas surpassed 10,000 hospitalized patients for the first time, capping a week of grim markers that also saw the state exceed 10,000 new cases in a single day. And it has been the deadliest week of the pandemic in Texas, with 95 new deaths reported Friday.

"The tsunami is here," said Hidalgo County Judge Richard Cortez, the top official in one of the largest counties on the Texas-Mexico border.

Aelko, Jul 11, 2020 IP
  14. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    Looks like we have a spammer on this thread. Keeps posting nonsense and does not participate in any discussion.

mmerlinn, Jul 11, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  15. Aelko

Aelko Member

Best Answers:
    I do not want to discuss with you. I simply report facts from reputable media in this thread. If this is prohibited on this forum, let the moderators tell me about it.

Aelko, Jul 11, 2020 IP
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Also known as the Fake News Media. Hysterical anecdotes reported on breathlessly by biased reporters quoting partisan politicians and their co-conspirators (e.g., what makes a hick judge on the border an expert on public health???) are simply an example of the hype and BS that the U.S. has been exposed to for months. Here is the pattern:

1. We must increase testing! We must increase testing! We must increase testing!
    2. Oh No! We are seeing a spike in new infections from the increased testing! (Duh! Increased testing = increased infection counts.)
    3. Oh No! We have opened up the economy and are seeing a spike in infections and hospitalizations! (Duh! Inevitable, since we have no vaccine or cure.)

Unfortunately, there are more than enough low-information sheeple that will fall for this B.S. You will not hear from these "reputable" sources that the shutdown is now going to kill and harm more people than the virus will.

jrbiz, Jul 12, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  17. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    In Florida (95F / 90% humidity) it's a reality.

qwikad.com, Jul 12, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit, mmerlinn and jrbiz like this.
  18. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    China's CanSino Biologies vaccine which has been tested on the Chinese military is now in phase 3, and along with China, Russia, Brazil, Chile, and Saudi Arabia, have all agreed to begin using this new vaccine in slow but steady stages.

Let us keep an eye on these countries to see if their infection rates now begin to come down. This is not the end, but it is the beginning of the end of this pandemic.

Spoiltdiva, Jul 12, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  19. Aelko

Aelko Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, the media love to make mountains out of molehills. I hate them when they try to make money this way.

Aelko, Jul 12, 2020 IP
  20. Antis

Antis Peon

Best Answers:
    Virus + being stuff indoors
    SUCKS. But i feel like im gladly getting more things done with a decent schedule.

Antis, Jul 12, 2020 IP