1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which book should I pick up to learn JavaScript as a complete novice?

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by ForLone, Apr 26, 2020.

I am complete novice, to both programming and JavaScript. I do not know programming fundamentals, JavaScript basics, or any programming language. I only know HTML and CSS. I was looking for a physical book (paper) to learn JavaScript. I did a number of Google searches and read reviews but most books seem to presume that the reader knows at least the fundamentals of JavaScript and has some experience tinkering with it. Could you please list some books to learn JavaScript from the ground-up (starting with fundamentals), the book teaches from ground-up and assumes no previous knowledge on the reader's part except HTML and CSS? In addition, while I will practice writing JavaScript along with reading the book, the book, while starting with basics, should be packed with enough information so that I can build a cool web app by the end of reading it. with Furthermore, if possible could you link a webpage with a good list of books to learn JavaScript for a complete novice, to both programming and JavaScript, having never written code except HTML and CSS. If possible, the book should teach ES6. Please do not suggest Eloquent JavaScript and You Don't Know JS Yet by Kyle Simpson because I have already taken a look at it and it is a more 'intermediate' book in my opinion. The author himself notes - "If you are new to programming or JS, be aware that these books are not intended as a gentle "intro to JavaScript." This material is, at times, complex and challenging, and goes much deeper than is typical for a first-time learner. You're welcome here no matter what your background is, but these books are written assuming you're already comfortable with JS and have at least 6–9 months experience with it." . Thank you for your help!

ForLone, Apr 26, 2020 IP
  2. loki781

loki781 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check out some of the courses on Udemy.com, They will be more helpful in learning as they have both Text/Video/Projects in the lessons.

loki781, Apr 30, 2020 IP
  3. LucasABCD

LucasABCD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    maybe courses will help and videos so that you can learn more from it , and more practise of course .

LucasABCD, May 5, 2020 IP
  4. winas_ben

winas_ben Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you tried reading A Smarter Way to Learn JavaScript!

winas_ben, Jul 11, 2020 IP
  5. Aelko

Aelko Member

Best Answers:
    https://javascript.info/

Aelko, Jul 11, 2020 IP
  6. Siranush J.

Siranush J. Peon

Best Answers:
    You can check out https://www.w3docs.com/. There is a JavaScript book and a lot of helpful tutorials.

Siranush J., Jul 13, 2020 IP
  7. Polly Dug

Polly Dug Peon

Best Answers:
    One book I really liked because it brought JavaScript to the browser is “JavaScript & JQuery: interactive front-end web development” by Jon Duckett.

Polly Dug, Aug 25, 2020 IP