1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter - Urgent Help Please

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Guy Wilson, Jun 11, 2020.

Hi all,

I work for a digital marketing agency, who provides Social Media marketing support to one of our existing clients.

Since the lockdown our Social Media member of staff has been working from home instead of the office. When she tries to login to the client’s Twitter account via her web browser at home, a message appears asking for her to put in the mobile number associated with the account. (Perhaps this is because of a difference in IP address.)

We have no record of this number. We have asked the client what the number is, but they are unaware and believes it may have been an old mobile phone, that is no longer used as the account was set-up a while ago, before we started working for them.

We have the password to the account, but not the telephone number originally associated with it.

I have been through the various support forms on the Twitter website and received an automated email from them instructing us to send a support code to @SupportRequests, which we have done. It also says once the code has been tweeted to @SupportRequests, I have to reply to the email and confirm which email address we’d like to be associated with the account. Luckily, we can still do this as we can send out tweets on the account, as it’s currently set-up in Buffer. This should also prove to Twitter that we have access/authority to the account to send out tweets.

It’s now urgent as if a Tweet is sent out incorrectly (with a misspelling for example) we can’t go back in and edit it. Also, will Twitter lock the account at some point as we don’t know the telephone number, which means we will no longer be able to send tweets via Buffer?

If anyone can provide any advice on how we can regain access or contact Twitter, that would be greatly appreciated? I don’t know what else to try.

Thank you all for your help.

Guy

Guy Wilson, Jun 11, 2020 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Did you try entering any working phone number (where you can receive a robo call or a text from them)? They just want to verify that account. If I remember it right, it doesn't have to be the number your client previously entered. It's possible he/she never entered any number.

qwikad.com, Jun 11, 2020 IP
  3. Guy Wilson

Guy Wilson Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, thank you for coming back to me.

It's asking for a number ending in 38, so I take it someone has entered a number at some point.

How long do Twitter normally take to reply to a support ticket?

My original ticket was submitted on the 21st May, but I've not heard anything as yet.

Thanks,

Guy Wilson, Jun 12, 2020 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Your post said you have the password. Can you log into the account? If you can, log into the account then go to -> More -> Settings & privacy -> Phone -> Update phone number.

Due to Covid19 their replies are delayed by 2-3 weeks.

qwikad.com, Jun 12, 2020 IP
  5. Guy Wilson

Guy Wilson Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks,

Yes we have the password, but unfortunately it won't let us back into the account, until we add the original mobile number.

Guy Wilson, Jun 12, 2020 IP
  6. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Listen, if you keep trying to login again and again in this twitter account, there is a good chance that you will get it locked.

They are asking that phone number because they are already suspecting unauthorized access to the account. Its probably already a flagged account at this time.
    When you enter the phone number, they will check if it matches with the number in their record, and then will send a 4-6 digit code in SMS to that number, which you will need to type at twitter as verification.

Your only other option is to contact support and find another way of verifying the account, like via email code instead of phone code.

JEET, Jun 12, 2020 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  7. Sarah - Dufferin Media

Sarah - Dufferin Media Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have some bad news - we have also been having this experience and getting locked out of accounts, and without the original phone number we have had no luck :(
    There is an appeal process you can try. Keep trying - but get ready for a Plan B - create a new Twitter account as backup.
    Instagram is horrible when this happens too.

Sarah - Dufferin Media, Jul 4, 2020 IP