1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please review my Hosting and Web Design Site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by madmn, Jun 24, 2020.

madmn, Jun 24, 2020 IP
  2. pratik

pratik Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there!
    Firstly you do have some nice content on your site. But the design needs lot of improvement.
    The site lacks a professional look. You may consider adding a banner or some image on the homepage to highlight some of your focus points.

pratik, Jun 29, 2020 IP
  3. madmn

madmn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for reply.

madmn, Jun 29, 2020 IP
  4. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wonderful domain! Zeus is that greek lord, said papa of Alexander, right?

Why using a dark website, any special reason?
    Going by the name, I would have used a white background website with some yello and red color theme.

Put the whole thing inside a bordered box, with rounded corners. Will look very good I think.

There is a broken link on your homepage.
    The second link which says "register domain", one which has a graphic next to it.

JEET, Jun 29, 2020 IP
  5. madmn

madmn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you.

I designed it myself and had a belief it would be funner in Black.

madmn, Jul 1, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  6. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I also like black sites very much, but you got to be very creative with them.
    Semi transparent logos, with inner shadow, giving the logo a glass like effect, stuff like that.
    Looks very cool!

JEET, Jul 1, 2020 IP
  7. madmn

madmn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very helpfull Good Job. I will incorperate those concepts in designing.

A designer might be a good idea.

madmn, Jul 3, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  8. Telecom steve

Telecom steve Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't want to appear to be harsh but the whole site looks like its been knocked together by a kid. Buy a Wordpress template and start again and get a site that looks a hundred times better!

Telecom steve, Jul 7, 2020 IP
  9. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The font sizes and colour choices seem to be all willy-nilly and inconsistent, the bright white subsections clash with the rest of the layout, you have multiple sections -- like the "User Registrars | Register a Domain | Transfer a Domain" area -- that are below accessibility minimums for colour contrast, the ATTEMPT at being responsive is broken at non-standard font-sizes, there's no graceful degradation scripting off, non-visual navigation seems utterly banjaxed likely from nonsensical use of numbered headings.

For such a simple page the 12 second page-load seems a bit off, and looking at the waterfall it appears that ping time -- at least from here -- is REALLY high (500ms+) and that none of the requests are running in parallel. It's almost like you put EVERYTHING into push in a way that makes it take longer. That said page also seems to be built from 1.45 megabytes in 45 separate files is also a likely contributor to said loading woes. Even if we remove the advert that you REALLY shouldn't have on a site that's selling hosting and stupid analytic bloat from it, we're still talking over 300k of CSS in 6 files doing the job of 30k or less in one file, and 800k in six files for scripttardery on a page that likely doesn't even warrant 8k of JavaScript at MAX. Goes hand in hand with what appears to be 25k of markup for 3.57k of plaintext and ZERO content media. That's not even 8k of HTML's flipping job!

Which means we have the stench of some form of dumbass frameworks or the same broken halfwitted mentality AS frameworks involved in the coding process... and I can say that with confidence before I even LOOK at the markup.

Popping the bonnet to see what makes it tick, most of my suspicions are concerned. Right out of the gate we have improper use of the TITLE tag, redundant META, that X-UA nonsense which means broken HTML/CSS techniques, blocking scripts in the HEAD, Scripts that never belong in the HEAD in the HEAD, stylesheet LINK lacking media targets, LINK media="all" defeating the point of even using media targets, that HTML 5 shim BS, pointless classes, scripttard data attributes for things that shouldn't be scripted, endless pointless DIV for nothing, endless pointless presentational classes for nothing, bold tags doing generated content's job, JavaScript for things that don't require JavaScript like modal menus (that's right out of bootcrap's dipshit playbook), header menu inside MAIN where it doesn't belong semantically, redundant menus, clearfix like it's still 2003, gibberish use of numbered headings...

Makes me shudder to think what a train wreck that 300+k of CSS is.

The header issues really being the icing on the cake... multiple H1, a.logo+img doing H1's job, H3 that are not subsections of the h2 preceeding them... I mean seriously, are "Web Design Services", "Website Builder", and "Web Design Blog" (all H3 depth) REALLY the start of subsections of the section started by the H2 "Begin the Search for your perfect domain name..."? Because that's what your markup says it is.

It looks like you chose your H1..H6 based on what you want things to look like, and that's NOT what HTML is even for!

A disturbing sign of ignorance for a site claiming to offer web design services; though such lack of knowledge seems painfully commonplace amongst people who resell hosting. More so when the domain is through the sleazy dirtbags at GoDaddy and the hosting is from a Dallas-Fort Worth front for the disreputable scam artists that are Colocrossing.

Basically, it's got problems. Whoever wrote that site's template wasn't qualified to write a single line of HTML or CSS.

deathshadow, Jul 10, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  10. Criot

Criot Member

Best Answers:
    Not a big fan, although I've never been a fan of black websites/themes personally - It's too dark and just sets the wrong tone for the industry, lighter and more welcoming colours would certainly work better and a better WHMCS integration as well.

Criot, Jul 10, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  11. Jarcher

Jarcher Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lighten the background, black makes me think of the dark web, and if you are providing hosting solutions, you must first establish TRUST.

Jarcher, Jul 12, 2020 IP