1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Name Still Registered 58 days After Expiration?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Dean_Saliba, Jun 27, 2020.

Can anyone confirm how long before an expired domain name becomes available to register?

I've been waiting for a domain name to become free and it expired 58 days ago and it is still listed as registered when I do a domain whois check?

It was registered by one of those companies that buys up domain names that have traffic and then tries to sell them, and doesn't renew them. Domain.png

Dean_Saliba, Jun 27, 2020 IP
  2. wmtips

wmtips Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wmtips, Jun 29, 2020 IP
    qwikad.com and Dean_Saliba like this.
  3. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ah, that might explain things then, I was under the impression it was only 30 days. Thank you for clearing that up.

Dean_Saliba, Jun 29, 2020 IP
  4. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My first domain was registered by one of my known.

After few years when i start earning then he start to increase charge per year for renewal (year by year).

Then i talked with hosting and domain provider company (Someone local in my area), to transfer domain on my name.

They told me that after expiration domain available to renewal for 30 days (In these day need to pay normal charge as we paid when buy domain).
    But after 30 days we can still restore and can take domain with additional charge (its charge a bit higher like 10 to 20 times higher). We got offer of 20k INR to restore domain (Once from bigrock for one of another domain) while for renewal we pay only 1k INR about.

So domain is available to restore till 90 days and after 90 days its deleted and available again to reserve (if any one not booked the domain).

seomanualsubmission, Jun 29, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think after 90 days.
    I missed the reminder email from my domain provider and the domain expired. I was told that I can restore it at a higher cost, or I can wait about 90 days and then domain will be deleted and will be available for registration.

JEET, Jun 29, 2020 IP
  6. macstux

macstux Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Dean_Saliba Let us know when the domain becomes available, I have heard so many different days.

macstux, Jun 30, 2020 IP
  7. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    seomanualsubmission, Jun 30, 2020 IP