1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone else has this gmail issue?

Discussion in 'Google' started by JEET, Jun 6, 2020.

Anyone else has this gmail issue?

I use a gmail ID to send an email to my customers, "Order is processed type".
    The email has information about their account on my website, some tips about how they can use the website and the product better, etc etc.
    90% emails sent from this gmail account are just these.

Many times, its the customer who sends me email first, with payment info etc, and then I reply with my pre-composed email, plus their order info.

Last year some time, google started dumping those emails in spam folder of customers.
    I found out when a somewhat annoyed customer contacted me 2 days after I have already processed their order, and complained that they have not recieved any confirmation from my side.
    So I called them on phone and asked them to check spam folder also, and email was there, 2 days old.

Now I am getting messages from customers that emails are not even there in spam folders...
    They are not recieving them at all...

I am using a gmail account, and sending email to another gmail account, and still this...

What should I do about this?

How do you handle not getting trapped in spam etc?
    Thanks

JEET, Jun 6, 2020 IP
  2. elfin

elfin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    did you tried marking them un-spam ?

elfin, Jun 25, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Other people can mark them as non-spam, I cannot do that on their behalf...

JEET, Jun 25, 2020 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The simple way around this is to create another account. Simply add one figure to your e-mail address so that your customers will know that it's you. For example @Jeet123 can now be @Jeet1234. The new account will get through without being placed automatically in the spam folder.

Spoiltdiva, Jun 26, 2020 IP
    seomanualsubmission and JEET like this.
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Sounds unlike gmail. I had issues with other email providers and I know if my emails were not delivered it could only mean one thing: my email ID was blacklisted. Over the years I had to contact hotmail, aol several times asking them to take my email address off their blacklist. Strangely enough they always did. But I've never had deliverability issues with gmail yet. If they start blacklisting email addresses of people who send bulk emails we are all doomed (by some estimates 1.5 billion people use gmail).

qwikad.com, Jun 26, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  6. TheKhanOfCopy

TheKhanOfCopy Peon

Best Answers:
    if you use gmail in this political climate it is you who have 'issues'...that can never be resolved!

TheKhanOfCopy, Jun 26, 2020 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You just got banned, it appears that it is you that has the "issues".:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Jun 27, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  8. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I did not understood that comment. What has politics got to do with gmail?

JEET, Jun 27, 2020 IP
  9. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree ..... best way to resolve your issue.

Need to consider on some points.

Are you sending email to clients from same email ...... Like your new offer or blog posts etc. ....... If yes then you should choose different email to send email like if you are sending update of blog then use blog@ gmail or blog@ 123.com ..... if sending email for offer then use different email.

I am not sure but i think there will be some limitation to report email ID like if report few people then email will consider as SPAM and if report many people then may be google is considering email id as fake or something else ...... I think as @Spoiltdiva is suggesting change mail ID and control emails queue because many email per day from gmail account (Free) ..... a bit suspicious if few users report the email ID.

I will prefer business email ID ..... because i see many times in Gmail that if email is using SMTP then ok otherwise in spam or inbox gmail warn receiver that gmail is not sure that this email is coming from this ID ... so be careful (something like this). So business email ID can help you.

Sometimes people like me choose "Empty Spam Folder" option to delete all email ...... So may be your client or people is deleting his spam email per day or alternate (according to number of spam email) and before your reminder that check spam folder also ... he deleted already spam emails.

You can check also by send email from your that email address to another and see receiving or not ....... There can be many reason or confusion.

seomanualsubmission, Jun 28, 2020 IP
    JEET and Spoiltdiva like this.
  10. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No offers etc are sent from the email ID. Its only for support and order processed info etc.
    I only send one "alert" newsletter, which goes from my domain email id, not from gmail.
    People select their own alerts based on options provided on the website and subscribe to the newsletter, no special offers sent there as well...

JEET, Jun 28, 2020 IP