1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Finally got rid of google chrome :D

Discussion in 'General Business' started by emmakjhgghjk, Jun 19, 2020.

1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I don't see the connection there. You can still search up medical information, I'm pretty sure the world will be bored rigid by my medical searches.

sarahk, Jun 23, 2020 IP
  2. VisualPath

VisualPath Member

Best Answers:
    I am currently using Chrome and Brave. I am thinking of moving entirely to Brave, but I still have mixed feelings about this. Didn't give Edge a try yet.
    As a web developer and web designer, I still hate anything that is related to Internet Explorer. More time has to pass for the IE healing to begin :))

VisualPath, Jun 24, 2020 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hahaha

NetStar, Jun 24, 2020 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    FYI I drove to Mountain View from North Hollywood for a job interview. There were Google execs everywhere at this coffee shop we were in, I got to talking to one...hahaha.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Spoiltdiva, Jun 24, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and JEET like this.
  5. miniclipz

miniclipz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For now, I will stay with Chrome and Brave. Was thinking of giving Edge a try, but I'm afraid and still traumatised after IE :)

miniclipz, Jun 24, 2020 IP
  6. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am a big fan of Firefox. It has some strong privacy features. The only drawback is it consumes too much RAM.

iwebsocial, Jun 24, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  7. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I strongly suspect that when browsing history is "deleted" that the only things actually deleted are the pointers to that history. I doubt that the history is physically erased from your hard drive. If I am correct, then all one needs to do to view the history is to restore the pointers to it. That said, once the pointers are deleted, that space becomes available to be overwritten by something else, in which case said history will eventually disappear or be too garbled to recover.

mmerlinn, Jun 27, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  8. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    In most GOOD Blink based browsers I'd suggest just going into the privacy settings and setting it to only keep history for one day. That or set it to "Session Only" so if you close the browser history wipes.

Honestly I don't bother, I don't do anything that would matter from the browser history standpoint.

Though I do use a VPN because my ISP has gone total dirtbag. Selling preferences and histories, interfering with normal lookups, the dirtbag "We'll override site 404's with our own" trash. But again, every region has the mini-monopolies thanks to the back room gentleman's club "we won't actually compete, screw what's supposed to make capitalism fair to the consumer" here in the US.

And @Stephtrap, the reason it's not a "Big deal" is at least half this flipping nation has been cultivated into narcissistic sociopaths who will support anyone who panders to their inborn hatreds and prejudice... which is why the politicians supported by the 'old guard' of both parties have one mission and one mission only: sucking off their big ticket corporate donors, whilst keeping the masses dumb enough and paranoid enough to keep voting for them... because Jesus and 'Murica.

In such an environment pushing for consumer protections, rights, and justice is not just impossible, it's a flipping joke. Particularly when you have dirtbags running around screaming about how simple things violate their "rights" when the actions they are so upset about not being able to do are in fact rights violations. Rights end when they tread upon the rights of others, or endanger the well being of same. Hence why murder, rape, and theft can all be illegal without being a rights violation...

And why the "wah wah, eye duns wunna wear a mask" dipshits wouldn't understand civil liberties if AG Hays came back from the dead on their doorstep.

With the systematic dismantling of environmental protections, civil rights protections, governmental accountability, transparency, public education, social support infrastructure, and ACTUAL religious freedom (including the right to be free from it), is it any wonder consumer protections are thrown into the same bonfire of worship for the plutocracy?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    deathshadow, Jun 27, 2020 IP
  9. bessieexum

bessieexum Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi
    Spyware isn't just really a word for use with this particular piece of tech. Yes, they understand your history, I view my history to become confidential. And solitude is something everybody else needs in everyday life. In the united states, we passed on out a statuette that has access to most our history that's an invasion of privacy. I suggest that a VPN because nobody ought to be knowing whatever you appear online . And we have to have the right we are willing to retain and to talk about.

bessieexum, Jun 28, 2020 IP
  10. srarlievs1122

srarlievs1122 Peon

Best Answers:
    Even though I've heard some pretty good things about Edge, I'm still a bit leery about trying it out. Still with Brave if not using Firefox or Chrome out of necessity. Might try Edge out at some point, but not without a good enough reason to do so.

srarlievs1122, Jun 29, 2020 IP
  11. jacksonmeade

jacksonmeade Peon

Best Answers:
    EDGE is the same spyware as Chrome, actually

jacksonmeade, Jul 19, 2020 IP
  12. wildogre

wildogre Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No its working fine at my side. I think Chrome is best.

wildogre, Jul 20, 2020 IP