1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you think its smart to monetize a blog on day 1?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bloggingthread, Jun 1, 2020.

Hey everyone! I was talking to some people in another affiliate marketing forum about the top questions they had when they started affiliate marketing.

The most liked question was when to start monetizing your blog. What are your thoughts on this? It inspired me to make a blog post on my website bloggingthread.com, and I'd love to know if you share my belief that you should monetize from day 1?

bloggingthread, Jun 1, 2020 IP
  2. IMDaniel

IMDaniel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you plan to get search engine traffic then it is better to wait with monetization until you start to rank and get traffic.

It helps you move forward in ranking in the beginning and rank better.

And there is no point monetizing a site from day 1 because you will hardly have any visitors anyway unless you buy traffic.

IMDaniel, Jun 1, 2020 IP
  3. bloggingthread

bloggingthread Peon

Best Answers:
    That's an interesting thought that you have. I am learning more and more about ranking with SEO, but my tactic has been to pull in free traffic from forums and social media. So far, I've gotten pretty decent traffic for a brand new blog (130 visit in one day).

I think that monetizing while you are waiting for Google to rank your site (I have heard that it can take 3-6 months before you are ranked) and using the traffic method that I am is a great way to go about monetizing your website.

bloggingthread, Jun 1, 2020 IP
  4. IMDaniel

IMDaniel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you get visitors through forums social media, and other websites then it's different, you should monetize then.
    it is even better to collect emails and build an email list to promote products to.

In my experience, it is hard to convert social media traffic into sales right away because they are not on social media to buy.
    Google traffic is much easier to sell to because they often have buyer intent when they end up on your site.

social media traffic can be monetized easier if you get them to opt-in to your email list, where you can promote products to them.
    they might not be in the mood to buy today, but end up buying something you promote 1 week from now.
    I've found that, you need lots of traffic from social media to get consistent sales on cold traffic.

it can take months and years to rank for certain keywords depending on the competition, but if you find easy keywords, you can rank on the first page as soon as google index your post. it depends on the competition.

IMDaniel, Jun 2, 2020 IP
  5. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Asking for blogging ... and your domain is related to blogging ....... means after buy domain you want to take ideas that what is blogging and how can i earn ??????

As i am seeing your website ...... I am sure you have 0/0 ideas about on page and off page of website ....... according to me you need to drive traffics there only.

One post at your site http : //bloggingthread. com/ when-should-you-monetize-your-blog/ Saying lots of things that what you are asking here.

seomanualsubmission, Jun 2, 2020 IP
  6. bloggingthread

bloggingthread Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you 100% on this. I am trying out social media right now and I am finding so far that a lot of people that I'm trying to pull from affiliate marketing groups on there are not ready to spend money now. They are just dabbling and learning right now, so I think later on they will convert into buyers and I just hope that I am making a good impression so when that time comes they will buy using my links.

Regarding email marketing, I am seeing some success with that right now as well. Not as much as I would hope, but I keep forgetting that I just launched my email marketing campaign within the week.

And I am doing that exact thing with my keywords, I am ranking for lower keywords and I'm noticing just from the writing on those keywords that my target audience (complete beginners), is definitely searching for those phrases keywords. I can tell by the wording. Really appreciate the helpful feedback!

bloggingthread, Jun 2, 2020 IP
    IMDaniel likes this.
  7. bloggingthread

bloggingthread Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there! Not sure that I fully understand your comment, but yes my website is called bloggingthread. I am glad you brought up my domain name, because it can be misleading with my current approach. I got so wrapped up in affiliate marketing that I veered away from my original theme. I want to help bloggers monetize their website, and affiliate marketing is the current way I am trying to accomplish that.

I will make fixing my about page a priority this week, but are you suggesting that in my about page I list helpful information for people and drive them directly there? That seems like a really smart idea.

bloggingthread, Jun 2, 2020 IP
  8. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe build your customer/audience list and then move forward with monetization? Monetization can take time but you still should wait for at least a while to get a fair amount of engagement or recognition from other mediums as well before you take this step.

Sam Sabir, Jun 3, 2020 IP
  9. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is no harm in monetizing from day 1. I don't think that affects your search engine ranks in anyway, as long as there are not too many ads.

According to me, once search engines start sending traffic, and then you change your site layout (add monetization) etc, then your rankings drop slightly. Difference is not too much, but minor changes happen in rankings.

If you give an already monetized site to search engines to index, then you don't have to update your design (add monetization) etc when traffic starts coming in.

JEET, Jun 3, 2020 IP
  10. bloggingthread

bloggingthread Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with this, especially if one of the reasons you create your site is to make money. I feel the sooner you start, the sooner you will start to see rewards and I truly don't see any harm in monetizing from the start.

bloggingthread, Jun 3, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  11. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I personally think that if you start monetizing your site from the start is not all bad. You get to see how the site performs in term of revenue. I also don't mind ads if they are not disrupting me while I browse the site. I understand that some webmasters need to make money in order to run the site so I don't mind ads. What I mind though is putting ads everywhere. That's generally not good for business. I think 1 to 2 ads per page is good.

And if you are starting an affiliate marketing business I don't mind if the webmaster promotes his affiliate site as long as it's relevant to the parent topic of the site.

FarrisFahad, Jun 4, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  12. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think its a problem .The thing its to deliver value and give people good information .In your blog you need to give to people impresion that you only need to make some sales ,you need to deliver them amazing content

Spartan14, Jun 5, 2020 IP
  13. IgorKurochkin

IgorKurochkin Peon

Best Answers:
    You certainly can, and I don`t see any ways in which it can harm you, but is it really worth it? You`ll probably won`t get much monetization until you generate significant traffic and following.

IgorKurochkin, Jun 6, 2020 IP
  14. RobertJays

RobertJays Member

Best Answers:
    As the comments above, I'd say that you can, but its probably won't be efficient. But you may suggest buying a traffic to your site (networks like Adsterra or Exoclick will do fine) and try to convert it into money

RobertJays, Jun 8, 2020 IP
  15. LewisH95

LewisH95 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you're not approved, then wait until you have at least 100 visitors per day. If you're promoting affiliate products, then start monetizing right away. If you're selling your own products or services, wait until you have at least 1000 email subscribers. This can take up to 6 months, but will generate the most income.

LewisH95, Aug 12, 2020 IP
  16. WINstore

WINstore Peon

Best Answers:
    It is better to build your subscribers/audience list first before moving forward with the monetization process. Achieve a considerable amount of recognition before you decide to take this step. Even if you do implement this process, it won't work out as well as you would want it to.

WINstore, Aug 24, 2020 IP