1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

easy eCommerce platforms for startup?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by youhost, May 18, 2020.

?

Best easy to use Ecommerce platform

1. OpenCart

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Wordpress + woocomerce

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Mageno 2

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Prestashop

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. Shopify

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  6. Other

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
    Hi all, Im looking for a little advice.

What is a good choice for a easy to use eCommerce platforms for starting a new business.
    Ive been considering both Wordpress and opencart.

Background - My mother wants to start a clothing business, she had a small successful business some years ago but she had to close due to health issues, now she wants to do it again, my suggestion was start online first to see how it goes.

What would be the best platform to start with ?

requirements
    Simple easy to use, so my mum can input the products and details.
    The average person should be able to use it without issues.
    Good SEO
    Need to be able to grow with us.

Any other advice is welcome

youhost, May 18, 2020 IP
  2. chrisand2cats

chrisand2cats Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My personal choice is wordpress because I find it simple to navigate, especially for newbies. I also find that when something goes wrong on wordpress and you cannot fix it yourself, there are so many people who can fix it for you that if you must pay, the cost is always pretty low.
    I am sure others will disagree with me because everyone prefers one over the other for personal reasons; what I find the best, someone else may say not the best.

chrisand2cats, May 18, 2020 IP
  3. IAmTheAnswer

IAmTheAnswer Member

Best Answers:
    For me it's OpenCart. I have worked for an e-commerce company for years that uses OpenCart as their platform and I find it easy to use. And it is also highly customizable.

IAmTheAnswer, May 18, 2020 IP
  4. Marketing_Master

Marketing_Master Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Shopify would be better for a beginner. But wordpress is also very use and customize for ecommerce.

Marketing_Master, May 19, 2020 IP
  5. youhost

youhost Active Member

Best Answers:
    At the moment im not sure, for some reason the open source eCommerce market seams to be dead, Outside the big one (woo presta. opencart, magento) ive not see any new players since woocomerce.

im still looking at wordpress as a option due to the fact ive gotten use to it and it offer a lot of option and flexibility, it does have its downsides like a l;ot of attacks and other issues but for my need to start with it would be good and get me similar results to shopify.

My 2nd option at the Monet is prestashop because I think the back end is easier to use and it seam to have made some nice changes over the years.

opencart is similar but nat as good IMO, it has not changed much since v2 which leave me thinking it may get old fast.

I have thought about magento a few times but from personal experience It would be too compacted and experiencing to maintain if v2 is anything like 1.x.

I have had a look at shopify and others but I dont understand them, I dont really see the benefit yet, if I can build a similar simple site.

youhost, May 20, 2020 IP
  6. yohame

yohame Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use wordpress only. There are many plugins to get any function you want. very great.

yohame, Jun 2, 2020 IP
  7. rajeshwarippavi

rajeshwarippavi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Magento extension is the open source with more plugins for e-commerce website development.

rajeshwarippavi, Jun 3, 2020 IP
  8. Indglobal Digital

Indglobal Digital Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Magento is the best platform for startups. Magento is user friendly and easy to manage. You can refer to Indglobal's Web-page to Know more about the Magento Platform and how it works and you also get free demo.

Indglobal Digital, Jun 6, 2020 IP
  9. Social Geckos

Social Geckos Peon

Best Answers:
    My personal choice has always been NopCommerce, it's always worked well for me.

Social Geckos, Jun 19, 2020 IP
  10. wildogre

wildogre Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm currently using prestashop so far its going fine.

wildogre, Jun 23, 2020 IP
  11. James0519

James0519 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would highly recommend Magento 2 as the best eCommerce platform - especially when you run a Magento site using MDOQ as this make Magento alt easier, faster more cost effective to run. It also provides greater flexibility and control over your store than Shopify can offer

James0519, Jun 23, 2020 IP
  12. James0519

James0519 Peon

Best Answers:
    Couple this with MDOQ and the Magento site can have much faster deployments and less development time on the site ultimately reducing business costs for the site

James0519, Jun 23, 2020 IP
  13. wildogre

wildogre Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is there any specific web server requirements for Magneto I have heard that this platform needs good high performance servers. Is that true?

wildogre, Jun 27, 2020 IP
  14. rajeshwarippavi

rajeshwarippavi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Magento is the best platform for e-commerce website development.

rajeshwarippavi, Jun 29, 2020 IP
  15. kkevich

kkevich Peon

Best Answers:
    hi, I think from the list you've mentioned Shopify and WP are the best ones really. WP is easy to use what is the best advantage for me. But when there are more difficult issues you face with your platform I think you should consider creating a customized e-commerce platform so maybe check these solutions https://www.oxagile.com/competence/ecommerce/
    I've had a trial period at Shopify but I'm about to cancel it to move my site to a customized solution to better develop my online business

kkevich, Jul 7, 2020 IP
  16. Telecom steve

Telecom steve Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have to say i have found Wordpress and Woo Commerce pretty easy to learn from scratch. I have manged to teach myself basic woo in a matter of hours and if i have a problem with anything Google has been pretty usefull in finding a solution. I've have also found loads of really helpful Youtube videos which have also been a huge help.

The best thing about Wordpress and Woo is just the fact that so many people and websites use it their is quite literally idiot proof with amount of help and info available online. I have been able to use Wordpress for a few years now to build basic and simple website but woo means i can also ad a basic storefront quickly and easily, and to be honest it dont look bad for someone like me who lacks design skills.

Telecom steve, Jul 7, 2020 IP
  17. digit_alex

digit_alex Peon

Best Answers:
    I like WordPress + WooCommerce for its simplicity and PrestaShop for its cuteness (if you can say so about the shopping cart:). If the last one is missing some functionality, then along with Store Manager - https://www.prestashopmanager.com/ it works like a charm (like scheduled import from different file formats I need in my case).

digit_alex, Jul 17, 2020 IP
  18. Samantha Louis

Samantha Louis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For your mum, which I would call a tech noob, honestly Shopify is the best. Using wordpress would mean you require your own hosting - this means you have to deal with it when your website crashes either due to some coding issue, wordpress updates, or too much of traffic to the website. BUT I have to say that Shopify is BAD for SEO. For one, their URL structure sucks. You are forced to have /product/ or /category/ in your URL with no option of removing them or changing them. If you want to grow and you have some tech expertise or at least a budget to get technical help then my suggestion is wordpress.

Another point: Shopify is affordable at under USD 30 per month. They have an app store with many affordable add on functions if you find Shopify insufficient right out of the box.

Also, you can buy themes for an affordable price off Themeforest for Shopify and you can end up with an easy to edit but professional looking website.

I hope this helps you!

Samantha Louis, Jul 24, 2020 IP
  19. komrad

komrad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I voted for shopify. Been with it for years. No issues.

komrad, Jul 25, 2020 IP
  20. Nottlentimen

Nottlentimen Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is good no doubt
    wix.com is easier I think (it has more templates)
    and you can also add your website on kickstarter.com as a start-up

Nottlentimen, Jul 29, 2020 IP