1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Worlds Simpliest Yet Effective SEO Strategy for Newbies

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by ProfitLikeCrazy, May 28, 2020.

Hello guys I see so many newbie bloggers struggling with SEO and getting frustrated. What they are doing is over complicating their SEO strategy and getting frustrated when they do not rank.

Here is a little scenario in hopes of making this simple yet effective strategy work. Let say you where drafted into the NBA as a rookie, most likely you will have to earn your spot on the starting five by working hard at practice and being effective during games. ( Scoring, rebounding, assisting) I think you get the point.

Well your new blog or website is no different to your online coach ( Google ). Your blog is a rookie and needs to prove itself by building domain authority and value.

Quick note: There are many ways to build DA but I won't side tract from this SEO strategy.

So with that said maybe you've been struggling to rank for certain keywords the problem may be that you're trying to rank outside of your domain authority. For example if we use the NBA example above there is no way that the rookie ( your blog ) is going to get more playing time than the starting five ( other authority blogs ) on the team that has a higher DA.

Remember your playing time (rankings ) will increase as your game ( domain authority ) improves or increases overtime. Now with that out of the way just follow the below SEO guidelines that fits your blog and eventually if you're consistent with this strategy you will rank in the serps.

SEO Strategy Rule Guideline

#1. Check your domain authority

Using the free Moz tool or any other domain authority checker. Based on your results use this chart as a guideline for your overall SEO strategy. As your website traffic and domain authority grows adjust your keyword phrase length and search targets.

SEO Keyword Strategy.jpg

As laid out above if you find that your DA is 30 or below then only target keywords with a search volume of 100 or less and keyword length of 5 words. As your DA increase just move up or down the scale ladder an target the searches and keyword lengths according to your DA over time.

This is an effective strategy for any newbie or anyone who does not have an effect SEO strategy. ( Just be consistent with the strategy and you will see results )

#2. Off Page SEO Strategy

Step 1. Use Google auto complete with _ and | tags with seed keyword to find longtail keywords to rank for. In the example below notice after I used the under score tag Google have me longtail keywords that are being searched for. My seed keywords where ( WordPress Website Speed ).

WordPress Website Speed .jpg Quick note: The shorter the keyword the more competitive. (Focus on buildling DA )

Step 2. Use Moz Keyword Explorer or any of your favourite keyword tools to find the search volume of each longtail keyword to see if it's worth chasing.

Step 3. Hubshout.com/ Web Grader ( See a full keyword list for competitor websites )

Step 4. View Keyword competition on Google

Step 5. Avoid high volume and competition that already has rich snippet or ads for the keyword

#3. On Page SEO Strategy

Step 1. Use an SEO Plugin ( Although Yoast is popular I use the Rank Math SEO plugin )

Step 2. Write at minimum 1,500 - 2,000 word article or tutorials

Step 3. Include keywords in H1,H2, H3, H4 tags

Step 4. Sprinkle keyword and phrases throughout the content ( do not keyword stuff )

Step 5. Don't over complicate it just rinse and repeat.

Conclusion: Just imagine implementing this strategy and doing 5 blog post per week and taking weekends off targeting long tail keywords with a minimum 30 search volume per month for each post. In one year you'll have 240 articles and a monthly page view of 7,200. Not to shabby for a simple SEO strategy, I've personally done this and achieve those monthly page views from Google in less than a year.

If I can do this anyone can.

ProfitLikeCrazy, May 28, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your keyword research idea is good, but rest of the post I am not sure about that.
    Like that domain authority. You are using a third party tool which google gives no importance to.
    These tools simply count back links, divide it by some number, may be use domain age, and call it authority.
    According to me, this number is less than useless, coming from SEO tools.

Google does not means this when it talks about DA.
    Google checks how much the site is targeted to one niche, how much content is available in the overall site, if google visitors are liking the website or are they closing this site and going to another, and factors like those.

Here's an example.
    You have a 2 year old domain, never registered before, you registered it first.
    You started a "webmaster" blog on this, and kept posting webmaster related content on it, for 2 years.

Suppose someone else had a 6 year old domain, more back links than yours (which is another fraud).
    This was first a baby names site, then someone else registered it 2 years later and started a football site there.
    Dropped the site.
    Then current owner registered it (for back link numbers), and is now posting webmaster related content here.

Which of the 2 has a higher authority in the niche subject "webmaster"?
    I think the first one.
    As a search engine, I won't even trust second website for a long time.

The keywords in your back links are telling google what "others" think your site is about.
    This is one deciding factor in domain authority.

I called back links numbers as a fraud number because again those tools are not getting the data from search engines like google.
    They are themselves indexing the web and counting back links.
    Sometimes, they even index google search result pages, and call it a back link from "google"!!! LOL

Headings is important, I agree, but simply having them for SEO is not a good idea.
    Google has spent billions developing softwares that can analyse webpages like real humans.
    Its still a software, not a human, remember this.
    Its only as smart as the coders who developed it, and can only follow the rules that goes into its coding.
    So if the code says that a H1 which is immediately followed by a H2 is a spam signal, then there goes your use of H1 and H2 tags.
    Follow structure here, the real purpose of headings, which is to divide the page into sections and subsections, each section explaining the topic.

Your plugin part, what is different in those 2 plugins?
    From a "non-content" point of view, all you need is a SEO friendly URL, which can be done using .htaccess file.
    And the rest is upto your content. I believe plugins cannot help in content generation.
    I cannot remember the last time I used a xml sitemap, and all my sites are "fully" indexed.
    So what are these plugins doing?

JEET, May 28, 2020 IP
  3. ProfitLikeCrazy

ProfitLikeCrazy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Jeet great feedback thanks for stopping by. To answer your question I use the Rank Math plugin to help with my on page SEO. It a great help for those whom are not familiar with coding. Hope that helps.

ProfitLikeCrazy, May 28, 2020 IP