1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much do you think COVIDGUIDE.com is worth?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by matt7, May 23, 2020.

Hi,

How much do you guys think COVIDGUIDE . COM is worth?

Thanks!

matt7, May 23, 2020 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Zero.

mmerlinn, May 23, 2020 IP
    JEET and sarahk like this.
  3. chrisand2cats

chrisand2cats Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay you ;)

chrisand2cats, May 23, 2020 IP
    JEET and mmerlinn like this.
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You're going to have to build something on it and prove traffic if you want to sell it. I wouldn't bother.

sarahk, May 23, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn and JEET like this.
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think everyone knows as much there is to know about covid at this time, precautions, symptoms, etc etc.
    So what new can you do on this domain to attract traffic?
    Unless you can bring traffic, its just another covid domain like thousands of others which nobody cares for...

JEET, May 23, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Just a thought and I may be wrong, but I get the feeling that the real domain flippers who earn from this buy masses of domains and have deals with Namecheap, GoDaddy etc that make the reg fee a minimal amount. What they don't do is find a domain they think will be "the one" and then try to sell it. You don't see them here looking for appraisals because they know that, eventually, a buyer will come to them.

Example

I have a domain related to caravans in my country. Caravans used to be a big deal, they aren't anymore and they're mostly used for makeshift rooms and they do a bad job of it. They're not American style trailers, they're funny little things you tow behind your car. Admittedly friends have just sold their house bus and replaced it with a caravan but they are the exception. There is a domain very like mine that is "better" and I'd take it off the guy's hands for a token amount but it's parked and not doing any harm so I'm in no hurry (we've been emailing for about 8 years) and he's in no hurry. If he cared he'd know he's not going to sell that domain to anyone other than me but because the reg fee is so low it's not worth the time researching and doing a proper valuation on the domain.

[​IMG]

sarahk, May 23, 2020 IP
  7. matt7

matt7 Peon

Best Answers:
    A big domain investor is interested in knowing my starting price but I have no clue.

I just wanted a little insight or help to come up with that first price.

Anyway, I've now hired a couple of professional appraisers to contrast and compare so I will keep you posted.

matt7, May 24, 2020 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Please tell me these people you've "hired" weren't recommended by this "big investor", that's the oldest domaining con ever

sarahk, May 24, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  9. matt7

matt7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nooo

Hahaha

I know about that scam ;-)

matt7, May 24, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, May 24, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  11. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well i cannot tell you as i dont have acces to the product but i think idel should be more that $10 and less than 50 .You must estimate yourself ,what value it delivers etc and estimate a price

Spartan14, May 24, 2020 IP
  12. ilgust

ilgust Active Member

Best Answers:
    By the way, Sedo banned all Covid theme domains from their system completely:

"Why you shouldn't list corona virus related domains
    Safeguarding Sedo’s Marketplace against Misuse of Critical Domains

As the Corona Virus situation unfolds, we want to assure our customers and the domain community that we take the use of domains related to tragic events such as this one very seriously. Utilizing these types of domains to initiate scams or take advantage of people by soliciting illegitimate donations, etc. are strictly forbidden within our Terms and Conditions.

Furthermore while Sedo strives to protect our users’ rights to exercise free speech and maintain a diverse marketplace of domain names, Sedo cannot endorse practices which may capitalize on these types of events. We have therefore made the decision to bar domain names related to the Corona Virus or COVID-19 from our marketplace or parking program. These domains are now blacklisted and we have instituted other system-wide parameters alerting us to their use."

ilgust, Aug 22, 2020 IP
  13. matt7

matt7 Peon

Best Answers:

Afternic banned it too.

They are being sanctimonious and virtue-signaling about it.

Lots of disease-related domains have been sold in them through the years. Some about diseases that have caused much more suffering to humanity than covid, like cancer.

It's irrational that you can sell domains about cancer and that if you try to sell a domain about covid is because you are trying to scam people. Why?

The good news is that other companies are not as virtue-signaling as them. I sold it on Flippa for $155.

https://flippa.com/10573973-covidguide-com

matt7, Aug 23, 2020 IP