1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Little Advice Please

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by pcinfoman, May 18, 2020.

I am trying to setup a mp3 streaming page on my website so users can play a sample of my music and then buy the song, if desired. I can use a combination of paypal store and <audio> tags. But I need it to stop playing one song when another choosing to play another. And I need a shopping cart with a paypal backend that the standard paypal options does not have.

Can somebody please suggest a FREE program for me? If not free, then relatively inexpensive. I do not want to do this in Wordpress or other CMS programs as I already have a functional site and don't want to replace it.

Ideas?

pcinfoman, May 18, 2020 IP
  2. hdewantara

hdewantara Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    so how does this work? I imagine a preview webpage where user can see details of a song while its sample / preview is being played. Details include Back, Play and Forward buttons to let user play or jump to previous / next song. A Buy button is there too; upon click it will stop playing and redirect user to Paypal webpage. When payment has been completed, user will be redirected back to preview webpage to see Buy button converted into a link to full song download. This link however will only last about 10 minutes...

hdewantara, May 18, 2020 IP
  3. pcinfoman

pcinfoman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was not thinking that far ahead. I was thinking that they purchase the song and I email it to them. Your way sound much better.

pcinfoman, May 19, 2020 IP
  4. justinmidlet

justinmidlet Member

Best Answers:
    use https://selly.io/

justinmidlet, May 19, 2020 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @justinmidlet - they look brand new. Have you got any personal experience with them? Can you point the OP to sites selling music?

sarahk, May 19, 2020 IP
  6. justinmidlet

justinmidlet Member

Best Answers:
    @sarahk the original domain is selly.gg but they update it recently, they working from old time, you can try them one time and see how things goes, they also support crypto, i don't have personal experience with them but i think they are legit

justinmidlet, May 20, 2020 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I don't need to, but a hint for the future, if you're going to drop a recommendation it's worth pointing out why you think that particular system is a good match for the OPs requirements. You haven't done that yet.

sarahk, May 20, 2020 IP
  8. Glen Wheeler

Glen Wheeler Peon

Best Answers:
    Could it be possible that you store your tasters on soundcloud and run this on WooCommerce with a paypal payment gateway?

So, Setup Wordpress > Install WooCommerce > Creative Product "My Song" on this page add some Art Work for the song, something visual and then embed the SoundCloud Sample into the page?

IMO this would probably be the easier way and cost you about £7.00 a month.

Glen Wheeler, May 20, 2020 IP
  9. pcinfoman

pcinfoman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    selly.io is not going to work for me unless they allow me to both have sound samples and store the full son in their system. I was looking at that and other hosted stores and did not see a match. I addition, I would like to have the entire site on my domain name and hosted space, bo maybe I need to fight my way through the woo commerce learning curve and do it that way.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

pcinfoman, May 20, 2020 IP
  10. Glen Wheeler

Glen Wheeler Peon

Best Answers:
    WooCommerce is easy to use, you could find a developer to strip i back a bit because there is quite a lot of functions and features in there you wouldn't use. Good luck with the projet and if you need any support i'm sure this wonderful forum will be here to help.

Glen Wheeler, May 21, 2020 IP