1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Feb 1, 2020.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like an NIH clinical study on remdesivir has shown it to be an effective therapy reducing recovery time and mortality rates for the coronavirus. It is no longer just anecdotal evidence.

jrbiz, Apr 30, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    NASCAR just announced that they are going to resume racing events in 2.5 weeks. First major sport to do so.

jrbiz, Apr 30, 2020 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    For about 100 years Hollywood has been known as "Tinseltown". Now with all the movie stars going around with tinfoil hats, they are now calling it "Tinfoiltown".

Spoiltdiva, Apr 30, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I spoke to an acquaintance this week, who had a very serious health condition last week. He was feeling really lousy and both of his blood pressure numbers had dramatically increased from their normal range. As he then recounted, "Of course, the last thing I wanted to do was go to the hospital given the current coronavirus situation." This was no inexperienced kid; he is old enough to know better, though his age was probably a factor in him staying home since he is more susceptible to the virus, etc. So, instead, he called his doctor as the symptoms continued to get worse and worse and the doctor told him to come into his office. Within five minutes of him arriving at the doctor's office, they called an ambulance for him and had him transported to the ER. He had to stay in the hospital for 5 days before they got his health under control and released him this week. Great example of how this hysteria over a virus is causing a lot of harm. He survived, but a fair number of folks like him are not.

NPR is one of the flagships of the Fake News parade, but even they have an article on this not surprising consequence (and there are more) of the Fake News, the Left, and the Swamp hyping the crisis:

Eerie Emptiness Of ERs Worries Doctors: Where Are The Heart Attacks And Strokes?

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/05/06/850454989/eerie-emptiness-of-ers-worries-doctors-where-are-the-heart-attacks-and-strokes

jrbiz, May 7, 2020 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    ^^^This was first brought up way back in post #63.(March 3) Someone expressed doubt and asked for a link as to proof. My doctor has a son who is a high end researcher/supervisor and I get inside information on this stuff.

P.S. Remdesivir was first developed by Canadian doctors as a vaccine to treat the Ebola virus which is a strain of the Corona viruses.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    Spoiltdiva, May 7, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I tried to look this morning as to how the past few days have gone with the therapy in light of the NIH study, but cannot find anything. Keep us posted as to anything you learn in that regard. Gilead has 1.5 million doses that they are distributing but I have no idea how long that takes, how long before we see results of the therapy, etc. Is it possible that the mortality rate goes way down soon? That would be a game-changer, of course.

jrbiz, May 7, 2020 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Up here they are saying with total conviction that front line health workers will receive the vaccine in August and the rest of us here (not sure about Americans) will be immunized in September. My doctors son told his father that he feels that even as early as July, something in a "small manner" will begin to happen.

Spoiltdiva, May 7, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    jrbiz, May 7, 2020 IP
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    My state, Rhode Island, has just announced that we are going into Phase 1 re-opening on Saturday. Not much will change; mostly a few more retail stores will be open as far as I have read. Couple weeks into it, though, more things will open up. Baby step in the right direction.

jrbiz, May 7, 2020 IP
  10. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We're in a 5-phase plan here. Step 1 was the shutdown. Started phase 2 this week. Some stores opening up. I think I heard that Monday, 5/11, restaurants start re-opening at 50% capacity. Indiana Governor said he hopes to have everything opened back up by July 4.

JoeSpirit, May 8, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Phase 5 is by far the scariest and the most high risk. It involves taking off all tinfoil hats and placing them into storage.:eek:

Spoiltdiva, May 8, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    We expect to have a Phase 5 Tinfoil Hat out in a month or so. It is for those people who no longer need the fully-featured Coronavirus Tinfoil Hat, but still want to look cool and have a little protection against viruses and cosmic mind control waves.

jrbiz, May 8, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and Spoiltdiva like this.
  13. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    President Trump was about to phase out the Tinfoil Hat Task Force (T.H.T.F.) headed by V.P.Pence. I particularly like their mantra of "A tinfoil hat for every American head". But when Trump learned how popular the task force was he promptly changed his cancellation order.

We need more tinfoil hats, not less!

jrbiz likes this.
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Here's the thing: not only do we need more tinfoil hats, but we need the populace to have more types of hats by diversifying their tinfoil hat collections. Yes, Coronavirus is the hot topic and our tinfoil hats are without equal in protecting our customers from infection (100% guaranteed.) However, what about Demonic Mind Control? What about Cosmic Waves? What about Zombies or Vampires? What about Earthquakes and Tidal Waves? What about Baked Potatoes?

The Tinfoil Hat TaskForce must focus on educating the citizenry on ALL of the risks posed by not having an assortment of appropriate Tinfoil Hats for each occasion. It is disturbing that the National Stockpile is not as stocked up on all of our products as they should be.

jrbiz, May 8, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    There is a song by the Eurythmics, it's called "Would I lie to you?" :rolleyes:;):cool:

JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  16. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Aye. But it don't be mandatory...

JoeSpirit, May 9, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and Spoiltdiva like this.
  17. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I don't personally believe in Zombies.

jrbiz likes this.
  18. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Then you haven't seen the politicians up here at work.:eek:

Spoiltdiva, May 9, 2020 IP
    jrbiz and JoeSpirit like this.
  19. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Thinking about it there could be an argument to that. Politicians do fit the description of Zombie I suppose.

Spoiltdiva and jrbiz like this.
  20. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Politicians might be zombies, but they are DEFINITELY vampires (BLOODSUCKERS)! Look at all of the politicians wanting to RAISE taxes because tax revenues have crashed because the POLITICIANS killed the golden goose by shutting down TAX-paying businesses.

mmerlinn, May 9, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit, Spoiltdiva and jrbiz like this.